Richt says no coaching changes

Stewie

A little touchy there??? I am only posting this because virtually every Bulldog fan was calling for Martinez' head yesterday. Today, Richt says there won't be any coaching changes. Should be a lot of unhappy Bulldog fans.

Richt said he doesn't foresee any changes, but they will review the year and how they can improve including looking at the jobs the coaches are doing.. If there isn't a coaching change I will be stunned. No way would richt fire anyone right now anyways because that's not the kind of coach is. He is going to review the team and what happened and decide what needs to be done. I really think Jancek is gone.

"On the day after Georgia’s regular season ended with a 45-42 loss to Georgia Tech, Richt indicated that just about everything except staff changes will be on the table."

That sounds like all the coaches will be back to me. Maybe I am reading too much into it...

"On the day after Georgia’s regular season ended with a 45-42 loss to Georgia Tech, Richt indicated that just about everything except staff changes will be on the table."

That sounds like all the coaches will be back to me. Maybe I am reading too much into it...

He said more than that in his comments which I pointed out in my response.

Not saying there will be coaching changes, but it wouldn't be wise for him to put that out there with a game left to play. Let the season end before you start making changes for next year.

I personally wouldn't be upset if Martinez was back next year.

100% agree except with the willie thing.. we have had a fire willie martinez thread for many many weeks for a reason..

100% agree except with the willie thing.. we have had a fire willie martinez thread for many many weeks for a reason..

Other than the Tennessee game last year where the offense was just as bad if not worse in the first half, the defense was fine. Not perfect, but good enough to be 12-1. It's hard to have a good defense with no quality pass rusher. By the same token I wouldn't be upset if Martinez was gone.

Other than the Tennessee game last year where the offense was just as bad if not worse in the first half, the defense was fine. Not perfect, but good enough to 12-1. It's hard to have a good defense with no quality pass rusher. By the same token I wouldn't be upset if Martinez was gone.

well i will give mark richt the benefit of the doubt after they do their evaluation. the one coach who i don't want back is jancek.. he is a horrible positional coach.. and i mean horrible. i also want a special team's coach. we have guys sharing that responsibility..

Richt said he doesn't foresee any changes, but they will review the year and how they can improve including looking at the jobs the coaches are doing.. If there isn't a coaching change I will be stunned. No way would richt fire anyone right now anyways because that's not the kind of coach is. He is going to review the team and what happened and decide what needs to be done. I really think Jancek is gone.

My thoughts exactly. He can't come out now and say, "Yup...somebody is getting the axe!"

People are so quick to say "Fire the coach!" when 90% of the time it's not even their fault.

Georgia fans need to look to the players for their failures this season. It's not a coaching problem, it's a personnel problem. Georgia's defense was superb last year, you think Willie Martinez just completely forgot how to coach during the offseason?

Marcus Howard had 10.5 sacks last year for the Bulldogs. The 5 main contributors on Georgia's defensive line this year have 5 sacks COMBINED. When one guy from a year ago doubles the production of all 4 of the starters and the 5th guy who gets rotated in frequently, that's not a coaching problem. Georgia has something like 13 less interceptions this year for the very reason that none of the guys up front can get any type of pressure on opposing QBs.

Georgia's defensive problems have nothing to do with Willie Martinez.

People are so quick to say "Fire the coach!" when 90% of the time it's not even their fault.

Georgia fans need to look to the players for their failures this season. It's not a coaching problem, it's a personnel problem. Georgia's defense was superb last year, you think Willie Martinez just completely forgot how to coach during the offseason?

Marcus Howard had 10.5 sacks last year for the Bulldogs. The 5 main contributors on Georgia's defensive line this year have 5 sacks COMBINED. When one guy from a year ago outplays all 4 of the starters and the 5th guy who gets rotated in frequently, that's not a coaching problem. Georgia has something like 13 less interceptions this year for the very reason that none of the guys up front can get any type of pressure on opposing QBs.

Georgia's defensive problems have nothing to do with Willie Martinez.

Georgia's defensive problems still involve coaching and still involve Willie Martinez. During 3 years of BVG we gave up 1 game over 35 points, but during CWM's coaching uga in 4 seasons we have given up 11 games over 35 points.. This isn't just players at all.. It has a lot to do with the coaches.. Players have been taking poor angles all year. We have dropped like 10 ints throughout the season. You are correct regarding DEs. We have had horrible DE play. We have not developed talent at DE, LB, or safety at all. We have enough talent there, but our coaches have not coached up and that was something we have done well in the past. I do believe jancek needs to be gone along with CWM. However if richt decides to keep willie that is up to him. He is putting his job in the future on the line by retaining willie.