BUMP FOR A CHICAGO WIN TONIGHT!

This game may not be as important as it seems, but if Chicago wins tonight, it clearly knocks them out of the wildcard picture, and the week 16 game against won't be as pressured. Plus it helps our strength of victory, which could come into play for the last playoff spot (which we are currently 6th ahead of also 8-4 Dallas--we have current conference record tiebreaker over them)

This game may not be as important as it seems, but if Chicago wins tonight, it clearly knocks them out of the wildcard picture, and the week 16 game against won't be as pressured. Plus it helps our strength of victory, which could come into play for the last playoff spot (which we are currently 6th ahead of also 8-4 Dallas--we have current conference record tiebreaker over them)

ummmmm......we play both the Vikings and Bears - how does it help our strength of schedule? :rolleyes:

ummmmm......we play both the Vikings and Bears - how does it help our strength of schedule? :rolleyes:

currently it does help our strength of schedule because we haven't played them yet. Plus, I said strength of victory, records of teams you've beaten, which would be a tiebreaker, below common opponents. After today, the Vike can keep winning until they play us ;)

currently it does help our strength of schedule because we haven't played them yet. Plus, I said strength of victory, records of teams you've beaten, which would be a tiebreaker, below common opponents. After today, the Vike can keep winning until they play us ;)

if we beat the Vikings, this game really doesnt matter because we would have beaten both teams. Like i keep saying, first and foremost the Falcons have to take care of business. We still have everything in our control and we need to win.

There's a chance the Falcons could meet one of these teams in the playoffs. Not sure who I'd rather play. Probably Chicago.

Question: if we had a better record than the Bears/Vikings/Cards would the playoff game be in Atlanta?

unfortunately, no. you win your division, you get a home game. S o it's possible for a 10-6, 11-5, or even a 12-4 team in the NFC South or NFC East wildcard team who has to play at a likely 8-8 team from the North, and 9-7 Cardinals. Needs to be like the NBA and restructure the seeds, still acknowledge division champs but give the team w/ better record home-field IMHO

unfortunately, no. you win your division, you get a home game. S o it's possible for a 10-6, 11-5, or even a 12-4 team in the NFC South or NFC East wildcard team who has to play at a likely 8-8 team from the North, and 9-7 Cardinals. Needs to be like the NBA and restructure the seeds, still acknowledge division champs but give the team w/ better record home-field IMHO

right, the bad part is if we miss the playoffs there could be 2 teams with a worse record that make it because they win there division. That is why i want to take the division so we dont have to worry about that.