Early Game Thoughts

Falconsfan567

Matt Ryan missed a wide open Michael Jenkins in the endzone. Very similar to his missed throw of Brian Finneran against the Broncos.

Harry Douglas has an Adam Jennings moment with a muff punt. Very similar to the Adam Jennings blunder against the Eagles.

We lost both of those games. Not a good sign.

P.S. Did I just see Kynan Forney on the sidelines for the Chargers?

matt,

Jennings indecision on the play was certainly part of it as evidenced by the fact he is no longer part of the team. and he muffed one for the Lions last week for emphasis. No need to defend Jennings anymore. He is out of here.

I agree. White has impressed again.

Anyone,

We may want to track the punt return team and/or Roddy on other threads I started. I certainly don't mind this thread either though. The main game thread is just too busy to try to keep up with. If you do you miss watching the game.

Three mistakes so far.

The pass to Jenkins was not that far out of reach. Jenkins didn't exactly turn on a burst of speed or lay out for the ball.

The muff.

..and the drop by Roddy in the endzone.

We are out playing these guys we just need to clean it up.

I don't think you can blame that drop in the endzone on Roddy. The defender ran right in front of his face at the exact same time he was trying to catch the ball. A second later on the throw by Ryan and that would have been intercepted.

Good return by HD trying to make up for that muff.

I loved the aggresiveness of going on 4th down. My only problem is that from down close we tried to run it right up the middle 4 straight times. Right where Jamal Williams plays. Why didn't we run off tackle? That is what we did against Carolina to get the touchdown. Why not do it in this situation?

Good question man, not sure what is going on. I hope we can get back in gear and not have mistakes and missed opportunities... Go Falcons!!!

I loved the aggresiveness of going on 4th down. My only problem is that from down close we tried to run it right up the middle 4 straight times. Right where Jamal Williams plays. Why didn't we run off tackle? That is what we did against Carolina to get the touchdown. Why not do it in this situation?

Should have kicked it for three. There is a whole half of football left to play and we got nothing.

Smith got too cocky after pulling it off against Carolina last week. That was crunch time and a better time to try. This wasn't. Rookie coach got sucked into it.

refs screw falcons more points, didnt even review 3rd and 4th down.

the ball crossed i saw it

Yeah I know. Especially on the 4th down play. The ball was in Turner's right arm and his arm went over the goalline.

Should have kicked it for three. There is a whole half of football left to play and we got nothing.

Smith got too cocky after pulling it off against Carolina last week. That was crunch time and a better time to try. This wasn't. Rookie coach got sucked into it.

I disagree. If we get a TD there then it's 22-7 at halftime with us getting the ball first in 2nd half. Then say we go down and get another touchdown and it's 29-7 and the game is probably over. No way you can blame Smitty for going for it there.

Yeah I know. Especially on the 4th down play. The ball was in Turner's right arm and his arm went over the goalline.

I disagree. If we get a TD there then it's 22-7 at halftime with us getting the ball first in 2nd half. Then say we go down and get another touchdown and it's 29-7 and the game is probably over. No way you can blame Smitty for going for it there.

Well there is a way, and I can, but it all came out just fine in the wash, so what the heck? GO FALCONS!