Where Do You Live : For People Outside Atlanta

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you not read the ESPN rules of being a true fan?

You have to follow the team closest to where you grew up. Let's say you were born and raised in Miami. But Miami Dolphins suck. So you follow the Cowboys because they were a good team when you started watching football. That makes you a bandwagon fan.

True fans pick the team closest to their home town.

I was going to insult you and say how full of bull **** you are. but after investigating...im closer to atlanta than jacsonville miami and tampa so its cool i guess. but just because you dont live somewhere in no shape or form means your a bandwagon.

You have to follow the team closest to where you grew up. Let's say you were born and raised in Miami. But Miami Dolphins suck. So you follow the Cowboys because they were a good team when you started watching football. That makes you a bandwagon fan.

What if your parent is from a certain nfl town, and moves,, but you follow the same team because mom or dad do? How does ESPN clasify that?

Guest WoodyPaige
I didn't make the rule. It's posted on ESPN.

:huh:

What does it matter? I live in Puerto Rico, I guess I should be a Dolphins fan then? Since they're the closest ones, even if they're still like 1,000 miles away :rolleyes:

while i agree there should be some rules to stop bandwagoning i've always felt that if your da followed a team then you also follow it too, in addition to the already stated closest team to you rule

however i'm from dublin ireland, so i'm far enough away to be able to choose my team as i see fit! :P

while i agree there should be some rules to stop bandwagoning i've always felt that if your da followed a team then you also follow it too, in addition to the already stated closest team to you rule

Well, what if you don't like your dad and you hate the Redskins? I started liking the Falcons in 89 and at the time there was only 1 team that close to VA...the Deadskins.

:lol:

Moved to Atlanta from Richmond Va in '95, became a Falcon's fan in '96... moved back to Richmond this year, but will always remain a Falcon's fan :D

Growing up in Richmond, my folks were Skins fans but my sister and I were Dallas fans from birth ('72) in our act of rebellion. After moving to Atlanta and claiming it as my new hometown I got behind my hometown team of the Falcons.

Does that make me a bandwagoner? I don't think I could ever bring myself to root for the skins unless they were playing either the: Saints/Bucs/Panties

Close to Charlotte, NC.

and about being a bandwagon fan- I've always lived in NC, never moved. So according to those "rules" I should be a panthers fan. **** that. Everybody here is a bandwagon fan for liking the panthers. They dumped their old teams for them.

I am with you man. In Charlotte and my boss has season tickets (he is a cool guy though).

winning last week keeps them off my back till next season... unless we meet them in the playoffs

to honestly look at our franchise, except for the influx of new fans during the MV era, can't really say that the falcons are a team that attracts bandwagon jumpers, i mean never had back to back winning seasons, no superbowl victories, if i was a bandwagon fan, my team would not be the falcons that i love so much!