Never heard this version of this song. This is such a beautiful rendition of a sad sad sad song. Chrissy is a favorite singer of mine. Not a great singer but perfect for what she does. She's like a female Tom Petty. I was looking at a list of sad songs on Yahoo and remembered this song, which wasn't on that list. Use this thread to post your saddest songs.

" Saw a picture of you, it hi-jacked my world that night.

To a place in the past we've been cast out of.."

Good music i like it , You gotta give props to an artist who has the talent to not only sing but play as well.

If I remember when it was released it was about James Honeyman-Scott, their guitarist who died. But to me the original was a little too up-tempo. But this accoustic version nails it .

Very nice. Learning to Crawl was my favorite Pretenders album by far. Did you know one of her favorite singers was Karen Carpenter?

Didn't know that about Karen. ^_^ Dwight is a favorite of mine. As is Steve Earle. Just a monster writer. And even tho I favor the death penalty, this is still a sad song.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Having never heard Death cab for Cutie, I had them written off as some alterna-punk going by the name. Then I heard this song and it is just tear jerking.

If heaven and **** decide they are both satisfied

and illuminate the "No's" on their vacancy sign

if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks

I'll follow you into the dark

John Prine has too many to mention. :" Hello in there" Speed of the sound of loneliness"

But I love "Angel from Montgomery"

"To believe in this living is such a hard way to go"

He and Bonnie Kill on this duet...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

John Prine has too many to mention. :" Hello in there" Speed of the sound of loneliness"

But I love "Angel from Montgomery"

"To believe in this living is such a hard way to go"

He and Bonnie Kill on this duet...

Great song. We sued to do that in a band I was in and the girl that sang with us could kill it. Bonnie has lots of great sad songs. I find one called Longing in Their Hearts very sad and beautiful as well as Luck of the Draw. bonnie is the bomb. one of my all time favorites.

Great song. We sued to do that in a band I was in and the girl that sang with us could kill it. Bonnie has lots of great sad songs.

Susan Tedeschi just kills that song:

It's so good, I'm posting it in the Tele thread, too :D

Susan Tedeschi just kills that song:

It's so good, I'm posting it in the Tele thread, too :D

That is a great version. John has written so many great songs. I got to see him live twice, once in Knoxville with Arlo Guthrie and once in Atlanta with Lyle Lovette. I met him after the Atlanta show and he was so nice and down ot earth.

" Hello in there" about old people being alone is just devastating.

Sam Stone is also sad.He has a lot of sad ones.

I'm so loving this thread...the Pretenders, Steve Earle, John Prine, Susan Tedeschi, Dwight Yokam...wow, some of the best singer/songwriters that have ever existed. Sprinkle in some Dylan, Charlie Robison, Radney Foster, Matthew Ryan, and it would a PERFECT thread...so let me do my part to perfect it... :P

Charlie Robison-- My Hometown

Radney Foster-- Raining on Sunday (this is Radney's version of the song he wrote, and it kicks the crap out of Keith Urban's rendition)

Matthew Ryan--Guilty (from his debut album back in the early 90s. Unbelievable album...outstanding song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1x0Oi9Z6Cw

Bob Dylan-- Hurricane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotM7FH8uQg

and as a bonus...

Kris Kristofferson (w/ Foo Fighters)--Sunday Morning Coming Down

;)

I'm so loving this thread...the Pretenders, Steve Earle, John Prine, Susan Tedeschi, Dwight Yokam...wow, some of the best singer/songwriters that have ever existed. Sprinkle in some Dylan, Charlie Robison, Radney Foster, Matthew Ryan, and it would a PERFECT thread...so let me do my part to perfect it... :P

Charlie Robison-- My Hometown

Radney Foster-- Raining on Sunday (this is Radney's version of the song he wrote, and it kicks the crap out of Keith Urban's rendition)

Matthew Ryan--Guilty (from his debut album back in the early 90s. Unbelievable album...outstanding song)

Bob Dylan-- Hurricane

and as a bonus...

Kris Kristofferson (w/ Foo Fighters)--Sunday Morning Coming Down

;)

This thread turned from a sad song thread rto a great songwriting thread. :P cool with me and I'm glad different genres are getting represented.

Emmy Lou and Steve earle channeling some Townes Van Zandt.

This thread turned from a sad song thread rto a great songwriting thread. :P cool with me and I'm glad different genres are getting represented.

If that's where we're going, I'm in:

GOT to throw in some Ray Lamontagne.