Dukes picking SD over us

im watching NFL network and Jamie Dukes was saying that the chargers defense is better ever since Rivera(spelling?) became their D coordinator. but he mentioned the outcome all depends on which Matt Ryan shows up......what is he talking about? yea Ryan had some bad games EARLY in the year. but he mentioned the eagles game. Ryan wasnt horrible at all that game. he made some great throws and some not so great throws, but he never lost the game for us. really Ryan was only bad against tampa and carolina in the beginning. ever since week 4, there has only been ONE Matt Ryan, a very good Matt Ryan. Dukes is crazy.

im watching NFL network and Jamie Dukes was saying that the chargers defense is better ever since Rivera(spelling?) became their D coordinator. but he mentioned the outcome all depends on which Matt Ryan shows up......what is he talking about? yea Ryan had some bad games EARLY in the year. but he mentioned the eagles game. Ryan wasnt horrible at all that game. he made some great throws and some not so great throws, but he never lost the game for us. really Ryan was only bad against tampa and carolina in the beginning. ever since week 4, there has only been ONE Matt Ryan, a very good Matt Ryan. Dukes is crazy.

Maybe Jamie was really just talking about the fact that Ryan is a rookie.

We get so caught up in how good he is, but he will have some rookie hiccups occasionally.

I wouldn't have put it the way Jamie put it, though.

He's correct as to which Ryan shows up. Against Denver he didn't look all that impressive just like the games against the Eagles, at Tampa, and at Carolina. If that Ryan shows up we will lose. If the Ryan that played Saints, Carolina at home, Chiefs, Lions, Bears,and Raiders shows up I like my chances against most teams including tonights game against the volts.

He's correct as to which Ryan shows up. Against Denver he didn't look all that impressive just like the games against the Eagles, at Tampa, and at Carolina. If that Ryan shows up we will lose. If the Ryan that played Saints, Carolina at home, Chiefs, Lions, Bears,and Raiders shows up I like my chances against most teams including tonights game against the volts.

Yeah, I know he threw a couple of interceptions, etc, but you can't blame him for the outcomes of all those games.

We couldn't block, couldn't run. Defense allowing teams back in it in the second half (which they are STILL doing)...

--not saying Ryan didn't contribute to the losses, but I don't think we could pin a loss on him since Tampa, if that.

Also Tampa and Carolina were very early on. Denver--he had a chance to win it, but it would have been hard.

Chicago he didn't get a chance to come back.

So basically, he's improved most every week, he hasn't been flip flopping the way Dukes implied, IMO

Ryan wasn't bad against the Eagles. That interception in the endzone was bad but the other interception was all on Roddy for not coming back to the ball to keep it from being intercepted.

Greenbay? he was pretty sweet B)

Yeah, I know he threw a couple of interceptions, etc, but you can't blame him for the outcomes of all those games.

We couldn't block, couldn't run. Defense allowing teams back in it in the second half (which they are STILL doing)...

--not saying Ryan didn't contribute to the losses, but I don't think we could pin a loss on him since Tampa, if that.

Also Tampa and Carolina were very early on. Denver--he had a chance to win it, but it would have been hard.

Chicago he didn't get a chance to come back.

So basically, he's improved most every week, he hasn't been flip flopping the way Dukes implied, IMO

Denver - if Roddy caught the ball - game over. Chicago - what do you mean - he brought us back and we won.

True Chinese proverb: "There are those who are smart and there are those who think they are smart."

Jamie Dukes, to those who are smart, clearly falls in the latter. Morbidly obese people simply aren't smart!

Well IMHO Ryan has only had one bad first half against the Bucs. After that horrible start he came back in the second half and brought us back to have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. At Charlotte, the receivers dropped 6 or 7 balls (I kept hearing different numbers on the amount of drops). Against Denver I believe there were 4 dropped balls, and in the Eagles game I really only blame him for that bad throw/interception in the end zone. Other than that I think Matt has been solid.

What Dukes doesn't mention is that in all the losses our run game did NOT SHOW UP. Matt has played well enough to win every game he has played all year. In all the losses our run game was totally shut down. So the key to the game JAMIE is whether we can run the ball, not how well Matt plays.

Michael Turner - this game is on your very big shoulders my friend. B)

Jamie Dukes was a decent player, but he is not a very good analyst. He has Deion Sanders syndrome as an analyst. He often doesn't make sense and argues with others on the set making more sense than he does. Whether we beat SD or not, his reasoning is clueless. JD go back to CSS, you aren't ready for NFL network. :D

Maybe Jamie was really just talking about the fact that Ryan is a rookie.

We get so caught up in how good he is, but he will have some rookie hiccups occasionally.

I wouldn't have put it the way Jamie put it, though.

Yeah, sometimes i forget that Ryan is a rookie. This is only his 12 NFL game. i feel like his has been with us for years

Jamie Dukes was a decent player, but he is not a very good analyst. He has Deion Sanders syndrome as an analyst. He often doesn't make sense and argues with others on the set making more sense than he does. Whether we beat SD or not, his reasoning is clueless. JD go back to CSS, you aren't ready for NFL network. :D

Dukes one of the realest analysts in the game...