I hope Stafford goes pro

jdu00743

I have been hard on him in the past, because I felt like people overrated him his first two years, but he has turned into a solid SEC QB. I wouldn't put him near the level of Tebow, but he has become much more reliable. He finally looks like he is in control of that offense. I still don't think he'll make a "top shelf" pro QB because he struggles with inconsistency, but I don't doubt he'll get picked high in the draft, due to that arm.

If Stafford, Moreno, Tebow, Harvin, and Spikes all leave early this year, there's going to be a huge vacuum at the top of the SEC East going into next year. Florida would still be the obvious favorite, but an upset would be much more likely with those guys gone.

I have been hard on him in the past, because I felt like people overrated him his first two years, but he has turned into a solid SEC QB. I wouldn't put him near the level of Tebow, but he has become much more reliable. He finally looks like he is in control of that offense. I still don't think he'll make a "top shelf" pro QB because he struggles with inconsistency, but I don't doubt he'll get picked high in the draft, due to that arm.

If Stafford, Moreno, Tebow, Harvin, and Spikes all leave early this year, there's going to be a huge vacuum at the top of the SEC East going into next year. Florida would still be the obvious favorite, but an upset would be much more likely with those guys gone.

Stafford will be a pretty good NFL QB depending on the system/team.. I dont view him as someone who can revitalize a franchise but he isnt an Alex Smith in my eyes.

Tebow however is not an NFL QB

Sam Bradford is the standout QB in this class, with Colt McCoy behind him.. No one else is at their levels.

BTW bro, how is your mom?

She's getting better. The surgery she had was to remove bone spurs in her neck, remove a herniated disk, and to fuse 3 vertebrate. The weird thing was that she was laid off 2 weeks prior to this and I was trying to find a job. Now I my job is to take care of her till her neck brace comes off and she can take care of herself. She won't be fully 100% till next November. She was up walking around the following day after surgery . She went to Best Buy on Black Friday, but not till 4 pm and almost triped over one of their wheelchairs. I wasn't with her my dad took her there, I was asleep after doing shopping for her earlier in the morning.

Stafford will need to sit a year before starting at the next level... He cant read blitzes and his accuracy can be spotty sometimes...

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that he can't read blitzes. Stafford has two areas that he needs to improve on: overconfidence in his arm and deep ball accuracy. That overconfidence leads to those WTF throws that we saw today and in the past. He feels he can make every pass in every situation. Of course that leads to some great plays. Brett Favre put together a HOF career with those throws. No one has a better arm than Stafford and he has great size and athleticism to go with it.

if Stafford wants to be successfull in the NFL......he MUST stay for his Sr. yr. The statistics of success rate for Jr. QB's coming out are very low, especially when compared to Sr. QB's. Plus, he is not ready, and needs another yr to work on blitz pickup and being accurate with more consistency, and make good decisions ALL the time.

Plus, he does not want to go to the Lions. There line is a turnstyle

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that he can't read blitzes. Stafford has two areas that he needs to improve on: overconfidence in his arm and deep ball accuracy. That overconfidence leads to those WTF throws that we saw today and in the past. He feels he can make every pass in every situation. Of course that leads to some great plays. Brett Favre put together a HOF career with those throws. No one has a better arm than Stafford and he has great size and athleticism to go with it.

when I see the middle linebackers blitzing up the middle, I almost never see Matt check off to an underneath route or to the flats. He holds the ball too long and gets himself in tough spots... just my opinion though...

I hope they both come back, but it won't happen.. I would have loved to see them both play behind and experience and solid oline. It stinks neither got the chance to do that..

They both need to go pro right now if they want to make top dollar. Coming back will only hurt their draft stock in my opinion especially Stafford...

They both need to go pro right now if they want to make top dollar. Coming back will only hurt their draft stock in my opinion especially Stafford...

if stafford is the #1 overall pick then you are right he could hurt his status and you never know regarding injuries and with moreno there is no reason to come back.. backs have a shelf life of only so many years and so many carries he needs to go to the nfl IMO.