Brian Billick

Guest WoodyPaige

I know we're in the middle of a playoff race. I know we shouldn't "fix it if it ain't broke". So please, don't give me any crap for speculating.

At pre-game last sunday, I saw Arthur Blank talking to Billick for a while so it got me thinking...Is there any way he might end up here if Mularkey ever gets a gig elsewhere (and I sure hope he doesn't)? After all, Coach Smith did work for him in Baltimore (plus they're brother-in-laws)...

I like Billick, and think that he is a Great Coach and a Stand Up guy. (Nuff Said)

Let me give something very serious to think about:

Since its inception by Bill Walsh; how many QB's in the NFL

have been able to fully execute the West Coast Offense?

How many current NFL QB's ?

I can only count them on one hand.

If and when MM moves on, you had best be thinking beyond

the OC and focus on WHO will be the OC that will empower Matt Ryan.

ex. Tom Moore / Colts Marrtz / 49ers

But then again Dimitroff would make one out of thin air anyway, so I guess its

all a moot point :lol:

At pre-game last sunday, I saw Arthur Blank talking to Billick for a while so it got me thinking...Is there any way he might end up here if Mularkey ever gets a gig elsewhere (and I sure hope he doesn't)? After all, Coach Smith did work for him in Baltimore (plus they're brother-in-laws)...

Yeah, and when Blank was seen talking to Curtis Martin in a resturant, people here figured Curtis was going to buy a piece of the Falcons.

Dear Mr. Blank;

You are not allowed to talk to anyone anymore.

Ever.

Never ever.

B)

Guest WoodyPaige
Yeah, and when Blank was seen talking to Curtis Martin in a resturant, people here figured Curtis was going to buy a piece of the Falcons.

Dear Mr. Blank;

You are not allowed to talk to anyone anymore.

Ever.

Never ever.

B)

I didn't mean it that way. <_<

I know we're in the middle of a playoff race. I know we shouldn't "fix it if it ain't broke". So please, don't give me any crap for speculating.

It doesn't matter Blank has no power to make the choice. TD has the power to do that. I think after last years season Blank learned his leason and will let TD run the show and Blank will sit back and enjoy the ride.

Mularky tried the whole head coaching thing and didn't like it after 2 years. I think he will be around for a few more years but, I could be wrong

Exactly. There is a reason Mike Smith hired the coaches he did. #1 he wanted experienced coaches. #2 he wanted good coaches. #3 he wanted proven coaches. #4 he wanted coaches that were gonna stick around for a while. (Meaning more than 1 year)

I think that we need to keep Mularkey here no matter what. Changing the playbook completely on Ryan will basically make him re-live his rookie season all over again.

That may not be such a bad thing, if he takes us all the way baby!! :D

Really, I'd hate to have to watch Matt deal w/a revolving door of OCs, too. But dang, that guy is smart. He could probably do a decent job of it, but we're far better off if Mularkey hangs out for a while.

I also agree w/the poster that said they like Billick in the booth. He is a far better commentator than I ever thought he would be.

That may not be such a bad thing, if he takes us all the way baby!! :D

Really, I'd hate to have to watch Matt deal w/a revolving door of OCs, too. But dang, that guy is smart. He could probably do a decent job of it, but we're far better off if Mularkey hangs out for a while.

I also agree w/the poster that said they like Billick in the booth. He is a far better commentator than I ever thought he would be.

A revolving door of OCs is what killed Alex Smith's career with the Niners. He had a new OC every year and than when Norv Turner was there Smith had his best year under him and than Turner left for the Chargers job.

Guest WoodyPaige
The thing that makes me think, "Hmmmm," is that, almost every chance he gets(especially on NFL Network's Playbook), Billick drools over the prospect of coaching Matt Ryan. He's got a real man-crush on the Iceman.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons behind my speculation. Every time he talks about Matt he sounds like he's pissed at himself for not being able to coach him :lol:

It's better to listen to him drool over Matty than it is Madden with Favre.

Yeah, not that I mind. It's actually comforting to know that if/when Mularkey does accept a HC position (success will eventually bring an offer he can't turn down), we should have a pretty proven OC waiting in the wings.

I really hope Billick stays in the booth. I love hearing his commentary and insight - it's nice having someone in there that provides actual information instead of useless trivia...

I second that. In addition, I've learned a few things from listening to Billick. You wouldn't hear me complain if he was our OC, though.