How come NO deal for Milloy

SWIFT HITTER

Outside Abraham he is the rock on defense . Understandable we wanted to lock up some of our younger players with long term contracts but. Milloy should have been approached even with a offer. Milloy has to understand he is not in his prime but we do want him around to guide . 2 years 9 million with incentives ..cmon TD he brings leadership and the wood ..plus a move like this could be key to short term success as well and help out in locker room

Outside Abraham he is the rock on defense . Understandable we wanted to lock up some of our younger players with long term contracts but. Milloy should have been approached even with a offer. Milloy has to understand he is not in his prime but we do want him around to guide . 2 years 9 million with incentives ..cmon TD he brings leadership and the wood ..plus a move like this could be key to short term success as well and help out in locker room

Good question!! He's probably next...

I agree with you but even though he is the rock on the defense is older than a rock. I keep hoping the Falcons would groom someone under Milloy but I am not seeing anyone get significant playing time. I believe they will wait until the draft and free agency to determine his future contract. A rookie would take some time. A free agent could step in immediately.

I don't know for sure, but this is what has been said:

Milloy is from Seattle, and had said that after this year he would probably want to play one more season. He didn't expect ATL to resign him, since they are rebuilding, and said he wouldn't mind finishing up with the Seahawks (and of course, he played for Mora here)

But - the way things are now, he might just take a pay cut to stay in ATL one more year. I mean, SEA isn't going to be all that good next year, and the Falcons have a shot at playoffs and maybe a SB run, depending who they sign and draft - ??

With Atlanta improving on Defense next year they are going to need a more pass dominate SS, especially if they want to continue to play a 4 - 3 cover two scheme. Milloy just dosn't have what it takes to be a starter in this scheme anymore. I love Milloy and think that he is one of the hardest hitting and most run supporting secondary players in the league, but we need ball hawk's on defense not guys who act like a 4th LB most of the time. I wish he would stay for less money because of his leadership and because I have a feeling he keeps a lot of the younger secondary guys grounded, but I think he want's to start and Seattle will probably sign him. I don't know though. If he sees an opportunity to win here, and I mean win a SB he might stay. I don't think he would be the everydown starter. We would put him in on 2nd or 3rd and short situations. It also depends on how the DL improves. If we can pick up a couple of guys that can really pressure the QB at DE or DT, he might still be a decent fit in some situtations.

I hope not. I've got mucho respect for Milloy, but I kinda look at him in the same way II do Brooking - he's serviceable, yeah, but he's old and way past his prime. Time to move on.
Disagree whole heartldy ..Brooking is not maing a impact on defense while Milloy still is. Milloy is still flying around the ball while Brooking has not made any impact plays this years . Milloy had a key int . Im not basing giving Milloy a contract off that int but im basing it im not sure at this pint im going to find aguy better at that psotion . IM HOPING WE CONTINUE TO GROOM DECLOUD . THEN a year from now he is ready to take the position over. You insert Nichalos into Brooking position we might see a improvement at it. You put some at safety and we will see a decline of play .. Dont get me wrong Milloy is not great at pass coverage but still solid vs the run

Disagree whole heartldy ..Brooking is not maing a impact on defense while Milloy still is. Milloy is still flying around the ball while Brooking has not made any impact plays this years . Milloy had a key int . Im not basing giving Milloy a contract off that int but im basing it im not sure at this pint im going to find aguy better at that psotion . IM HOPING WE CONTINUE TO GROOM DECLOUD . THEN a year from now he is ready to take the position over. You insert Nichalos into Brooking position we might see a improvement at it. You put some at safety and we will see a decline of play .. Dont get me wrong Milloy is not great at pass coverage but still solid vs the run

Not to get sidetracked because this is a Milloy post, but Brooking has been an impact player the last few games. I was ready to say bench him after the 4th or 5th game, but he has made some very big plays the last couple of weeks. He and Milloy are playing about equally right now as far as impact goes. At the beginning of the year I would have agreed with you 110%.

I like him but I don't want him back. We need better coverage at SS. Coleman can't do it all himself.

Agreed. And, just to clarify, I'm not saying Milloy is completely washed up; it's his age I'm most concerned about and I'd hate to see the Falcons invest millions of dollars in a guy at this stage in his career. I feel the same with Brooking. In fact, I think we should have traded Brooking two years ago.

Personally I like the way he has played this year. But he is getting older and we need to groom someone soon to replace him. As far as Brooking we need to part ways. Looking at our current situation on defense with the bend but don't break mentality seems to be because of personnell more then our coaches. Eventually we need more playmakers than Abe on this defense if we really want to go further!

I don't know if they will bring him back because this late in the season the secondary always seem to be out of position or giving up the big play. If we could minimize those big plays, especially on 3rd downs. I think we would do well. So, if Milloy fits into whatever they're trying to do scheme wise I would like too see him back because I think he's one heck of a player.

Milloy doesnt fit the scheme. he has been good for us, but IMO he has been kept around here solely for his leadership in a young secondary. With more experience back there we will likely make a move that gets Decoud in the game or (hopefully) go after a guy like Sean Jones, who is PERFECT for a cover 2!

A key interceptionin the Detroit blowout? What about Brooking's goal-line stop against the Bears? Which of those plays is really an impact play? Brook and Lawyer are both past their prime, but they both need one more year to train their replacements, unless of course they get replaced in FA. They are the best two leaders on the team, bar none, no contest. Their leadership and experience needs to be passed on. In no way shape or form do their positions merit a day one pick. The D-line under performs every other aspect of the team. The o-line needs depth, and the cornerback position does as well. Keith and Lawyer know the deal. I hope to see them both back next year.

i like milloy just as much as most fans.but,he is only good at one thing 75% of the time! (STOPING THE RUN). outside of that he is washed up! with a defense with questionable cb's we need help over the top which his speed will not allow. i was at the denver game and we were doing great till the half. then the ajustments came which were, throw the ball over the top.To who's side? milloy! i like Foxworth but he needs help that milloy can't give. so i say let us get through this year with his leadership on D. then it's time to turn the page with our sincerest thanks for his contributions