Strategic Command

Karst41

Normally I would apologize in advance for making this post,

but this time I will not, because we will have to face it soon enough.

This forum has a bunch of Sharp Minds that post and I hope

some of you will offer up your most staunch and conservative

thoughts concerning the obvious (other than me being a total dumb @$$) ;)

Scott Pioli and TD spotted at a UGA practice.

Dont you wish that you were a fly on the wall on that day

In 2009 ,TD will have a very full plate to deal with.

The FA period, The Draft, and Vick.

Is Vick going to New England?

Does Arthur Blank really trust TD to make the decisions in

dealing with Vick?

What is MV's trade value other than a "few potato chips"

He cost us a plenty and something has to be salvaged.

I would not simply "Cut" the player, but if he has to be cut then so be it.

Also there is the dynamic of his contract, and will that be a factor or Non ?

Considering Adam Jones, Vick will be re instated, on the basis of League Revenue.

Im thinking the Chiefs give us a Player and a Pick.

Vick has NO trade value ... nobody picks him up with that contract, so he'll be just cut (we take the cap hit for his signing bonus one last time, but we won't pay him the salary ... so a cut is the only option).

I don't care where he ends up, but New England would fit ... so would Dallas or Oakland ... or maybe Seattle so he can reunite with Mora.

Other than that, I think TD will try to find 2-3 FAs on the defensive side of the ball, but no "big names" that want huge contracts (like Haynesworth) ... I thinks names on his list (if they don't resign with their old team), might be: Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones, (maybe) Angelo Crowell or Desmond Clark (I know he's not on the defensive side, but if he doesn't ask for a big contract, he might be a option)

how do you figure Michael Vick and New England? there is ZERO chance of that happening - NONE! Currently they have Tom Brady(IR) and Matt Cassell(potential FA) - that is a very "team first" organization and very structured offense - How do you see the "free-wheelin' " MV7 fitting in there? where did that come from?

As far as Vick's trade value - I think he has a little - the team that would acquire Vick through trade could agree in advance on basically re-working the deal - blow it up and start over. More than likely Vick would get a 2 year deal at like $3 million/season. He will have to come back, be humble, work his tail off and do everything right.....Then, after two years he might have opportunity for a big contract - doubtful but he will have a chance.

I would think Falcons might could get a 3rd round pick for Michael Vick.......I'm not sure what that does to Falcons cap when he is traded though - that will be the complicated part because the unamortized bonus money is supposed to accelerate to that year's cap when a player is traded.......hmmmmmm.........

Vick will go to the Lions, Jets, Raiders, 49ers or Vikings. The surprise team will be the Seahawks with Mora taking over next year.

yeah, the Seahawks will suprisingly suck even more next year than this year with Jim Mora "sniffing ammonia" on the sideline next year.

Vick has NO trade value ... nobody picks him up with that contract, so he'll be just cut (we take the cap hit for his signing bonus one last time, but we won't pay him the salary ... so a cut is the only option).

There isn't anyone stupid enough to pay him for the rest of his contract (even senile Al Davis isn't that deranged) so no trade. We will cut our losses with an after June 1st cut thus spreading the residual cap hit to two seasons instead of taking it all on the chin in 2009.