I just heard that the ban on gay couple adoption was struck down?

The Egoist

I'm not sure if I like it or not. What if a kid does not want to be raised by a gay couple? Does a kid have any say in the matter?

Sure, most adoptions will take place when the child is a baby, so the kid won't know any difference, but let's say a 12 year old kid is up for adoption....is he just forced to live with two men against his will? That most certainly is not liberty.

I'm not sure if I like it or not. What if a kid does not want to be raised by a gay couple? Does a kid have any say in the matter?

Sure, most adoptions will take place when the child is a baby, so the kid won't know any difference, but let's say a 12 year old kid is up for adoption....is he just forced to live with two men against his will? That most certainly is not liberty.

I never looked at it that way.

Still, I think a kid wouldn't mind who their adoptive parents were as long as they could get them away from a life of foster home jumping and dealing with social working bureaucrats. A steady life in a home with people who want to care for you and provide a home for you is better than nothing at all.

Their is a long drawn out process when adopting that includes a lot of counseling on both the parents and children's side plus a TON of other checks and balances. One of my co workers just adopted and it was a very LONG and drawn out process, if the children are of age to make their own decision it would definitely come out in the process that they did not approve of being adopted by gay parents.

Their is a long drawn out process when adopting that includes a lot of counseling on both the parents and children's side plus a TON of other checks and balances. One of my co workers just adopted and it was a very LONG and drawn out process, if the children are of age to make their own decision it would definitely come out in the process that they did not approve of being adopted by gay parents.

Cool.

I'm not an expert, but I'm quite certain teenagers, pre-teens - they have to give consent even for heterosexual couples. I doubt it will be any different.