One-time insurance policy now paying off

iDash

One-time insurance policy now paying off

JBchgBrowns264207x45.jpg

Chris Jenkins (Contact)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Turner on the bench while the team faced the Cleveland Browns, Nov. 5, 2006.

That's the thing about insurance policies. Somebody else usually gets the payoff.

For the first four years of his career, you didn't find Michael Turner among the NFL's leading rushers or scorers, but on the probability tables. The Chargers basically tagged Turner with the somewhat complimentary, yet often lamentable, role of "insurance" player.

He was their "what-if" back. As in, what if LaDainian Tomlinson gets hurt or otherwise incapacitated?

"Everybody wants to be the No. 1 guy at some point in their career," said Turner. "That's what I was wanting to do.".........................More--->LINK

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...lcons/?chargers

chargers_sig3rd_bag.gif

Yes it does look weird now seeing him in that Chargers uniform. Man did you read the comments of their fans replying to that article?

Whew that sounds really familiar, doesn't it? Fans are in total revolt in SD. I can't blame em either. There is nothing worse than to flounder the season after you make a SB run, and you are featured on all the prime time games.

I guess next year we will get our share of spotlight, but I prefer this year better. To come out of nowhere and wow the NFL is the sweet ride of success.