One Thing that could help our defense DRAMATICALLY!

hakim24

Blitzing........ Our Linebackers are consistently getting beat in coverage.. CONSISTENTLY! I watched the game again and we are very vulnerable in the middle of the field.

When we blitzed, we got pressure on Delhomme and it caused both of Chauncey Davis' Sacks. So if we are going to get torched, why not blitz those linebackers more to try and get quick pressure on the quarterback. ESPECIALLY on Abe's side. That would cause so much confusion for opposing O-Lines about who to block.

I'm no coach but we have some pretty good Man Corners in Houston & Foxworth. Let them lock up and send pressure and see what we can get because Our Defense looks pretty bad sitting back in zone coverage all day

Well I like the blitzing myself, but I do like to acknowledge that there is a huge chess match going on between coordinators in a football game.

If they catch you in a blitz with the right play they can burn you big time. I forget which game it was, but not too long ago Van Gorder did really blitz like crazy in one game and very effectively. But my mind is feeble, and I can't recall the game - sheesh. He did bring some blitzes against Carolina, so I suppose you wanted more of them.

But we held them to nothing first half, so the game plan was working. They just came out in second half and adjusted I suppose. It's hard to stay on top of your opponent in the NFL. These guys are all so very good.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. It almost seems as if Van Gorder accepts that our defense is mediocre and just calls the same soft coverages hoping for the best. We definitely need to do something else because the way our defense plays at times is unacceptable. We had a great first half and then just absolutely stunk in the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th quarter.