"The Shield" Series Finale!

Gunny Hartman

Thought the end was good...not great though. Not considering the greatness of the show. Left it kinda ambiguous...maybe not quite as vague as the Sopranos, but pretty close...then again with shows like The Sopranos and The Shield, it's really hard to come up with an ending that will satisfy everyone...I mean, the fanbase wants to see guys like Tony Soprano or Vic Mackey get their just rewards for all of terrible things they've done, it's just that the fanbase is split on just what those "rewards" should be...Personally, I liked both shows' endings. Kinda leaves the door open for either of them to return somewhere down the road... ;)

I think it ended about right. You knew someone was going to die, someone would go to jail, and someone would "get away". It was just a matter of who it would be.

And while Vic got away in the end, it was made clear that his life would be miserable and riddled with guilt for what he had done.

Well ya know...you never get out completely clean... ;)