Scott Wright blogs about Mount Cody

Libid21

"I just realized that even though I have talked extensively about Alabama junior defensive tackle Terrence Cody in my "Ask Scott" mailbag feature and on the message boards I have yet to cover him in this blog. It's time to rectify that!

For those who aren't familiar with Cody he has become somewhat of a rock star in draftnik circles. Aptly nicknamed "Mount Cody" due to his 6-5, 365 pound frame, Cody truly is a mountain of a man and he has been nothing short of a dominant force in the middle of the Crimson Tide's defense this year. This is actually Cody's first season at the Division I level because he spent a couple of years at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College but he certainly made his presence known in a hurry. His rare size and incredible strength certainly jump out at you but Cody is also a very good athlete and can reportedly even dunk a basketball. A prototypical 3-4 nose tackle, Cody has quickly emerged as one of the best defensive tackles in country, not to mention a terrific pro prospect. As good as he has been this year there are also some drawbacks with Cody, starting with his offering almost nothing as a pass rusher and most likely being limited to a 3-4 scheme. There are also weight issues (he has reportedly been hovering around the 400 pound mark at times) and some questions about his work ethic and intelligence. All in all I think Cody is probably a little overhyped as a pro prospect right now. If he entered the 2009 NFL Draft as a junior I certainly wouldn't rule the first round out completely but considering his lack of experience and the other question marks I mentioned above the second round is probably much more likely. The bottom line is that if you're a 3-4 team Cody ranks right up there with B.J. Raji as the best draft-eligible nose tackles in the country but if you're a 4-3 team he may not even be on your draft board at all. Even with all that aside Cody is undoubtedly a very unique prospect and quite possibly unlike anything the NFL Draft has ever seen.

Whether he comes out in 2009 or 2010 Terrence Cody is going to be one of the draft's most intriguing players. Until then his legend will continue to grow...

And he might too!"

Aight he's morbidly obese but i don't think he has weight "issues"
There are also weight issues (he has reportedly been hovering around the 400 pound mark at times) and some questions about his work ethic and intelligence.

:rolleyes:

Sorry man, but anybody who is around the 400lb mark has weight issues. And don't tell me it's all muscle either, the dudes body is soft as a pillow.

I know man but it doesn't necessarily mean they can't control it. He works hard to keep it down. This reminds me of the Frank Okam situation last year. Okam's problem was he was lazy. From what I've read Cody isn't lazy, in fact he's a hard worker.
There are also weight issues (he has reportedly been hovering around the 400 pound mark at times) and some questions about his work ethic and intelligence.

Just sayin'...

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have Cody on the team, but there's a whole lot of risk involved when taking someone that big. It's the reason big guys fall.

C'mon another Cody post?

Im sorry but he will be a contractual liability to ANY team that signs him.

Big Grady Jackson is one of the very Few BIG Men that put together

a NFL career.

Grady is a short term solution to a problem Only. ( I like Grady too)

With Cody nothing has been fixed.

Next year we keep Brook and Grady, but they will be Depth Players.

2010 both are gone.