San Diego Facing a Blackout?

sporkdevil

Dirty scrubs.

"CHARGERS FACING TWO BLACKOUTS IN FOUR DAYS

Posted by Mike Florio on November 25, 2008, 1:14 p.m.

With a season of high expectation that is gradually falling apart, the San Diego Chargers realize that they might have trouble selling out their home stadium.

As the first line of a Tuesday press release declares, “The Chargers’ streak of 35 consecutive regular-season and postseason home games shown on live local television is in jeopardy.”

That 4-7 record might have something to do with it. Having two games scheduled only four days apart doesn’t help much, either.

Per the Chargers, 2,000 seats remain for each of the next two home games, which will occur on Sunday against the Falcons and then the following Thursday night against the Raiders."

Dirty scrubs.

With a season of high expectation that is gradually falling apart, the San Diego Chargers realize that they might have trouble selling out their home stadium.

As the first line of a Tuesday press release declares, “The Chargers’ streak of 35 consecutive regular-season and postseason home games shown on live local television is in jeopardy.”

That 4-7 record might have something to do with it. Having two games scheduled only four days apart doesn’t help much, either.

Per the Chargers, 2,000 seats remain for each of the next two home games, which will occur on Sunday against the Falcons and then the following Thursday night against the Raiders."

This is deplorable. The Chargers have been a powerhouse the past few years and still have a shot at the AFC West title. Talk about bandwagoners.

Glad to know we're not the only team with fickle fans. :P

You beat me to it...the way the media and most of the sheep put it, things like this only happen in Atlanta... <_< I bet ESPN won't be lambasting their fans for lack of support like they do us all the time.

Where's the loyalty? What's wrong with those fans? How can they not support their team? wannnnn-nnn! :lol:

It happends more around the league than we may think. Atlanta just seem to be the poster team. Atlanta is the only sports town in America that can have terrible teams and the media will blast the fans for not selling out every game.

Thank you, I've been saying this forever but it seems everyone is stuck saying we are "the" worst this or that when it comes to things like this and I've been conveying this thought forever. I can not understand how people can't see thru that. It's always 'why can't they show up on time like everyone else?", "why are there so many empty seats?", "the fans don't cheer loud enough?", blah-blah and it happens everywhere. I've seen Favre get booed in Green Bay, I've seen Detroit boo their own team when they were actually winning the game, I've seen many other games with empty seats, I remember the last time the Florida Marlins won the World Series they had the worst attendance all year long and then South Floridans jump on the bandwagon during that postseason and no one called them out on it, yet when Atl Hawks fans showed up in the postseason series vs the Celtics that's all you heard- even Garnett mentioned in a post-game interview after getting his azz kicked at Philips Arena. I saw a NFL game, I can't remember which one, just two weeks ago where a team was booing their team and the announcer said the fans deserved to do it and I'm like what? It's ridiculous. Its been status quo ever since David Justice blasted the fans for not cheering loud enough back when the Braves were choking all the time (ironic hun?). It seems ever since then Atlanta has been targeted by the media and the loyal sheep have swallowed it all whole. Watch how you won't see one negative thing said about this blackout by no one if ESPN doesn't say it which is another thing you won't see happen. If that was us it'll be all over the place... <_<

Dirty scrubs.

Press helping to sell tickets....

Those get bought by advertisers before the Blackout with ease.