Stat that's hard to ignore

War Damn Eagle

Roddy may have a 200 yard day.

They still have decent corners, and they were able to shut down Reggie Wayne last week.

But I agree with the original post, we have to establish the run early and often. All these 3rd and longs are killing me even though it doesn't seem to affect Matt Ryan at all. But it's going to give me a heart attack.

They still have decent corners, and they were able to shut down Reggie Wayne last week.

But I agree with the original post, we have to establish the run early and often. All these 3rd and longs are killing me even though it doesn't seem to affect Matt Ryan at all. But it's going to give me a heart attack.

TE's usually have a field day against SD. I'm guessing Peele will play a big role this week.

Roddy may have a 200 yard day.

I'm impressed by the fact that Roddy hasn't been particularly dominating of late and we're getting what we need from other players. I was worried that we were growing too dependent on him, but not anymore. I'm hoping we can now soften up defenses with flat passes and runs and then let Roddy run wild one on one.

Rev and falconmama,

You both are absolutely right. My point was I hope the staff doesn't look at these stats and try to get too cute with the gameplan. I still say if we stick to our normal gameplan and score early, the Denver game would've played out completely different.

I'd like to see us come out on the 1st series in the no-huddle and show them we are serious.

I've watched two SD games. Without Merriman their pass rush is worse than ours without Abe. There secondary isnt that bad but if your QB has all day to throw then he will put up big numbers. We are going to have to pass to help set up the run because SD still has an okay run defense. I expect to see a lot of passing on first down, but we are still going to pound the rock. I don't think any team out there has figured out our offense yet. Stacking the box obviously dosent work because Ryan and White will kill you if you do. With HD starting to come on strong and using Norwood as a multipurpose back I don't think there is a defense now that will hold us to less than 21 points.

The problem is defense. Even though LT is having a terrible year, SD can still run the ball. Rivers can kill you if you give him time and he will have time this week. SD Oline is very good.