Airlines Forced to Provide Free Extra Seats to the Obese

silentbob1272

A healthy society honors health. A strong society honors strength. Likewise, in a moonbatty society, shortcomings are regarded almost as holy.

Case in point:

(From the article)

Canada's two largest airlines must give disabled and morbidly obese passengers an extra free seat on domestic flights, beginning in January, after the Supreme Court refused yesterday to consider the carriers' appeal of a federal order.

Joanne Neubauer, a superior citizen by virtue of having rheumatoid arthritis, crowed victoriously:

This means I'm equal now. I'm just so excited and happy that justice prevailed.

Not only is she equal, she's twice as equal as most people, who have to pay double if they want two seats.

The ruling is expected to benefit would-be travellers like Linda McKay-Panos, a Calgarian who has secured a declaration from the Federal Court of Appeal that she is obese enough to be considered disabled.

Ms. McKay-Panos, executive director of the Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre, said yesterday that she has not travelled on Air Canada since 1997, when she endured a "humiliating" flight in which the airline refused her an extra seat even though "my hips were flowing over the arm rest, my hips were basically on the lap of the person who sat beside me."sick.jpg

Now Air Canada can no longer oppress her.

Once society loses track of the concept of property, any extreme of idiocy is possible. Planes no longer belong to airlines, but to petty tyrant bureauweenies, who pass out free seats to the favored, which the rest of us pay for through higher fares.

Fortunately, no one's perfect. We all have some sort of defect we can nurture and exaggerate, giving us an opportunity to join the elite. Next schizophrenics will request free seats for their imaginary friends, grouches will insist on their own row as a reward for being socially impaired, the olfactorily sensitive will demand a whole section of the plane because smelling other people's flatulence makes them feel victimized, et cetera, ad nauseam.

In the end, the courts will order airlines to give us each our own private plane. But then all the planes will be grounded, in case the exhaust hurts the polar bears.

fat-women-bbw-singles.jpg

Eight seats for the price of four......sweet.

It's like those handicap carts in Walmart. You rarely see truly handicapped people in them. You see these 800 pound landwhales in them.

If the lady was really humiliated, she would lose some of the jelly rolls that hung over the armrest.

What I feel sorry for is these little kids you see in any fast food joint and you can tell the parents feed them there every day and the kids just doomed to a life of unease and is already two strikes behind.

Speaking of 'handicap' and 'Walmart'.....

WTF is up with having 60 handicap parking spots in front of every damm WallyWorld store? There's almost never anyone parked in them, and the closest non-handicap spaces are 150 yards from the frikkin front door. If I have to keep walking that far with my bad hip, I'm gonna end up handicapped because of Walmart's handicap parking spaces. :angry:

WTF is up with having 60 handicap parking spots in front of every damm WallyWorld store? There's almost never anyone parked in them, and the closest non-handicap spaces are 150 yards from the frikkin front door. If I have to keep walking that far with my bad hip, I'm gonna end up handicapped because of Walmart's handicap parking spaces. :angry:

Parking regulations.

Every local building code has a set nuber of parking spaces per square foot of retail building space. With Wally World's now being only slightly smaller than the Georgia Dome, the acreage devoted to parking is MASSIVE. That's why there's litterally an ocean of pavement in front of every Sprawl Mart. And a certain percentage of the total number of spaces must be handicap spaces. So the number of handicap spaces is set by building square footage. Doesn't matter if the number of handicap spaces is greater than the number of handicap people in the state. All that matters is how big the store is and what the building code says.

God does that get to me. I stopped to pay a water bill yesterday and there are only 5 parking spaces . THREE of those were handicap!

God does that get to me. I stopped to pay a water bill yesterday and there are only 5 parking spaces . THREE of those were handicap!

My old office had a view of the parking lot to an outdoor mall and movie theater. I used to see people park in the handicap spots, hang their handicap tag, get out..............and RUN into the theater! I'll wait until the statute of limitations runs out, to tell y'all what I did to their vehicles...

I honestly don't get it. It has nothing to do with them being "discriminated against". Its a pretty simple idea. If you take up two seats, the airline directly loses all the money they would have gotten from selling that seat. If you want two seats, you should have to pay for two seats. Thats what it takes for the airlines to break even.

I'm 6'4. I'm sure lots of other people here are around that height too. I have lots of trouble fitting into airlines seats. Am I going to get special treatment and force airlines to put in seats for tall people? Not only do I have trouble fitting in, but its so cramped that I can't really even move my legs any. That puts me at an increased risk for blood clots (and death).

As far as the handicap spaces, I used to have to use a handicap space. For about 2-3 weeks two years back I got hurt real bad and had to get a temporary tag. My god. It was the most eye opening experience ever. I started to notice everyone that parks in those things... nearly none of them are handicapped. Of the maybe 30 people I saw, there was one dude that was an amputee and another in a wheelchair. Thats it. The rest were fatties, people that had surgery awhile back and begged their doctor for one, and old people. And it made me sick because there were times that they would take all the spaces and I wouldn't have anywhere to park. Restaurants were always the worst.

There is nothing worst than being stuck next to an obese person on a 5 hour flight. I flew out to Cali, and between him spilling into my seat, and the smell of him sweating profusely had me wishing for a mercy kill. I would have drained my savings for a xanex.

You've got to make sure and get that arm rest down or it can get ugly.

You've got to make sure and get that arm rest down or it can get ugly.

Dude had a tank top on. He kept reaching up hoping the air vent would blow harder. Turns out it was only blowing his arm pit stink right in my face while his arm was reaching up. Smelled like a bologna sandwich left in a hot car.

Dude had a tank top on. He kept reaching up hoping the air vent would blow harder. Turns out it was only blowing his arm pit stink right in my face while his arm was reaching up. Smelled like a bologna sandwich left in a hot car.

I think all of us that fly a lot know that bologna sandwich smell. :huh:

Dude I said I was sorry for that stank. It was long walk from the ticket counter to the seat.

I was on flight from LAX to Bangkok, Thailand and I was stuck sitting next to fat women that was 2 times my size. I'm big guy too but dear god she was bigger than me and I was cramed against the window because of her. After 30 min in the flight I started to sweat because she was hogging all the airvents. After 1 hour I squeezed out of the seats literally and asked if the stwertis if I could be move to somewhere else and they wanted $3,000 to move me to an empty seat in first class. Finally they moved her to another seat so I could breath and I ended with a empty seat next to me.