Mike and Mike on our playoff hopes

nvalvano25

They just said the wildcard teams basically need 10 wins to make the playoffs and that we have the most favorable schedule to get ten wins...the game against the Bucs is HUUUUUUUGE

I feel like it's not about a favorable schedule. We can play with anyone in the NFL IMHO. This is not homer-ism either. I feel that we have two losses that should have been wins. The other two losses, when we were still getting the feel. The Chicago game showed me that we should be considered a threat to anyone. To win in this type of fashion is priceless.

That sucks more.

I can stomach missing the playoffs better with a record of 8-8 or 9-7 but 10-6......I don't know what it is I think 10 is just a mental satifisfying number for me.

Yeah I remember Elway shrugging it off...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_nfl_season#Final_standings

8-8 Browns won the weak Central and got in over Denver.. LOL

They just said the wildcard teams basically need 10 wins to make the playoffs and that we have the most favorable schedule to get ten wins...the game against the Bucs is HUUUUUUUGE

Wow they get paid to say that too. We are lucky to have such quick and keen observations available.

I agree, 10 wins is NOT a lock for a playoff slot. As it stands there could conceivably be anywhere from 2 to 5 teams in the NFC to finish with 10 wins and miss the playoffs.

We really need for Carolina/Tampa and Dallas/Washington to start losing some games, and we really, really need to try to get to 11 wins.

Honestly, if there's one game we can afford to lose it's the game this weekend, because AFC losses don't count as much when determining the tie breaker as NFC losses do.

That being said, I hope we kick the **** out of the Chargers. :lol:

The game against SD this weekend is huge first. too many people are looking past this game.

IMO i think if we can beat the Bucs we will win the division. Carolina is a good team but they have a brutal schedule. They go to GB this week and they still have to play the Giants here soon. The Saints game just got that much more important to us. But i dont see them beating the Bucs in their house.