McKay deserves some credit...

Bam Bam

I see alot of talk about how bad McKay was and I honestly think its not completely true.

he had some good players that were drafted, signed, or re-signed that still contribute for example...

Jonathan Babineux (Drafted)

Justin Blalock (Drafted)

Michael Boley (Drafted)

Chauncy Davis (Drafted)

Brian Finneran (Re-Signed)

Michael Jenkins (Drafted)

Roddy White (Drafted)

Ovie Mughelli (Signed)

Jerious Norwood (Drafted)

John Abraham (Signed)

Jamaal Anderson (Drafted)

Harvey Dahl (Signed)

Michael Koenen (Signed)

Before you start bashing let me say this, I understand these are not all "Pro-Bowl" players, but these are major contributers to our team. (Currently 7-4)

Maybe the blame should not have entirely been placed on McKay, maybe just maybe the coaching had something to with it.

NOW IM NOT SAYING I REGRET HAVING MCKAY FIRED. I AM GLAD THAT WE ARE "REBUILDING" I AM JUST SAYING MCKAY WAS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE HIM SEEM.

Comments?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think deangelo hall was "the best 21 since the last 21" but he sure was not a bust. As far as I know he was our secondary.

Peerless Price and Ashley Lelie I think were both victoms of Michael Vick's inability to become and efficient passer.

... and Michael Vick deceived us all....

I dont think deangelo hall was "the best 21 since the last 21" but he sure was not a bust. As far as I know he was our secondary.

Peerless Price and Ashley Lelie I think were both victoms of Michael Vick's inability to become and efficient passer.

Yeah that's why Price and Lelie have been All Pro receivers with other teams. Lelie is sooo good that the Broncos, Falcons, 49ers all don't want him. What is Price up to now days?

Mckay nearly destroyed tampa bay and didn't do much better here

best thing he did was do so bad that we hired TD

You must be as ignorant as they come.

Before McKay took over the bucs their record between 1985 and 1994 was 43-116 with .270 winning percentage, including 10 consecutive double-digit losing seasons. He helped the bucs get their super bowl win. how is that nearly destroying the franchise? do your home work!

You cant blame Vick when you have guys like Roddy White admitting they were out clubbin'

Besides I dont think anyone blames McKay for EVERYTHING....just a few mistakes here and there. I believe people have laid blame on Blank, previous coaches and players aswell.

And let's not forget these future Hall-Of-Famers...

Ed Hartwell

Jimmy Williams

Peerless Price

Ashley Lelie

DeAngelo Hall

Adam Jennings

Martrez Milner

i will never understand the hate on peerless, its obvious to me vick ruined his career. tell me What reciever was ever good when vick was here? you cant be good if your never ever thrown to, or your over or underthrown 50%of the time. and the deangelo hall pick was a great pick at the time he was the best Cornor in college football sense champ baily was in georgia. how did mckay know that deangelo hall would not translate into a NFL superstar because of his mouth, attitude, and lack of heart. that is on deangelo hall not mckay

Yeah that's why Price and Lelie have been All Pro receivers with other teams. Lelie is sooo good that the Broncos, Falcons, 49ers all don't want him. What is Price up to now days?

I like the sarcasm but i'll give you Lelie. I think Price could have accomplished much more had he had an efficient QB... for example Michael Jenkins, Roddy White ... you think an NFL receiver is going to finaly get "it" in his 5th season??? really??? like was the case with Michael Jenkins he now has 33 receptions for 498 yards and 3 Tds and AVG. of 15.1 as opposed to 36, 39 receptions all year with Michael Vick and 53 in 2007 with our mix of QBs ... the differecne??? consistent quarter back play! had we had matt ryan when we signed Peerless price we would not be having this discussion!

You cant blame Vick when you have guys like Roddy White admitting they were out clubbin'

Besides I dont think anyone blames McKay for EVERYTHING....just a few mistakes here and there. I believe people have laid blame on Blank, previous coaches and players aswell.

You can blame michael vick for not putting in the time that is expected from a 1st overall pick. I remember hearing things like michael vick is finaly starting to stay late and watch extra film and practice after everyone leaves... this being 4 or 5 years AFTER he was drafted!

I like the sarcasm but i'll give you Lelie. I think Price could have accomplished much more had he had an efficient QB... for example Michael Jenkins, Roddy White ... you think an NFL receiver is going to finaly get "it" in his 5th season??? really??? like was the case with Michael Jenkins he now has 33 receptions for 498 yards and 3 Tds and AVG. of 15.1 as opposed to 36, 39 receptions all year with Michael Vick and 53 in 2007 with our mix of QBs ... the differecne??? consistent quarter back play! had we had matt ryan when we signed Peerless price we would not be having this discussion!

Price had 1 good year in Buffalo and it just happened to be a contract year. What did he do the other years in Buffalo? What did he do with the Cowboys? What did he do when he went back to Buffalo? Where is he at now? His first year with the Falcons was better than his first 3 years in the league and that was the year Vick was hurt. Brian Finneran had a career year in 2002. Mike Vick wasn't that good a QB but he DID NOT ruin Peerless Price's career. Price just was NEVER that good. I'm not a fan of Vick but I'm also not blind to makeup stuff either.

Linkage

You must be as ignorant as they come.

Before McKay took over the bucs their record between 1985 and 1994 was 43-116 with .270 winning percentage, including 10 consecutive double-digit losing seasons. He helped the bucs get their super bowl win. how is that nearly destroying the franchise? do your home work!

the last couple of years he was there tampa bay was like the nfl's retirement home they didn't start to become contenders again till he left

I see alot of talk about how bad McKay was and I honestly think its not completely true.

he had some good players that were drafted, signed, or re-signed that still contribute for example...

Jonathan Babineux (Drafted)

Justin Blalock (Drafted)

Michael Boley (Drafted)

Chauncy Davis (Drafted)

Brian Finneran (Re-Signed)

Michael Jenkins (Drafted)

Roddy White (Drafted)

Ovie Mughelli (Signed)

Jerious Norwood (Drafted)

John Abraham (Signed)

Jamaal Anderson (Drafted)

Harvey Dahl (Signed)

Michael Koenen (Signed)

Before you start bashing let me say this, I understand these are not all "Pro-Bowl" players, but these are major contributers to our team. (Currently 7-4)

Maybe the blame should not have entirely been placed on McKay, maybe just maybe the coaching had something to with it.

NOW IM NOT SAYING I REGRET HAVING MCKAY FIRED. I AM GLAD THAT WE ARE "REBUILDING" I AM JUST SAYING MCKAY WAS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE HIM SEEM.

Comments?

I agree, I was thinking about making this same post myself a while back.

A lot of McKay's draft choices obviously suffered from poor coaching before.

And let's not forget these future Hall-Of-Famers...

Ed Hartwell

Jimmy Williams

Peerless Price

Ashley Lelie

DeAngelo Hall

Adam Jennings

Martrez Milner

how many times does it have to be ****ing said......price was here BEFORE Mckay got here

Lelie was here for a year, was paid minimum amount

Jennings and Milner..... ae you kidding gonna complain about 2 low round picks?