How many teams WOULD NOT trade their QB for Matt Ryan?

xFalconLord

Probably 20 teams wouldnt trade their QB's for him. He is just a rookie, yea he is doing well in this system and this year. They are just too spastic, QB's who are drafted early, its a hit or miss. So far its a hit but never know when that could change. The NFL coaches know that better than anyone.

Is there a team that definitively would not?? Manning and Brady are up there in years a little bit. If you were the GM of every team in football, which QB would you keep over Matt Ryan?

Id say Both mannings, Brady, Cutler , MAYBE Rivers.

BUT..........

This is coming from another team perspective, I wouldnt trade Ryan for ANYONE. NO ONE

Having a young quarterback with the decision-making AND arm strength of Matt Ryan is an enviable position. I don't quite think Ryan is at Manning or Brady's level yet, but that is to be expected with their experience.

current abilities / experience in mind, I'd take cutler, manning, brady, brees, possibly hasselbeck over ryan. Long-term, Ryan is by far the best option.

I'm sure denver is happy with Cutler, Indy & NY with thier Mannings. NE with Brady and Newalins with Breese, but I'd say over 1/2 the teams would love to upgrade to Ryan

Aints fans will be ready to trade Head Coaches if we beat them again like we did recently!

Panther fans would trade the current Delhomey today, and throw John Fox in to boot.

If the Panties don't win the NFCSouth, Fox is gone. Why? They can see the end of Fox's run after seeing what Smitty and Ryan have now.

The Bucs want every QB except Ryan, that is only because they know Ryan is already at home, and Jon Boy collects QB's like ESPN collects washed up players.

Didn't Rick Mirer have an above average rookie season only to crash and burn the rest of his career?

Not saying that will happen to Matt, but c'mon, he's 11 games into a career. I wouldn't start comparing him to Tom Brady just yet.

You don't have to. Milloy did. He played for the Pats and had a close friendship with Brady - and a deep respect for him and has always been one of his biggest supporters and fans. He wouldn't make that comparison lightly.

You don't have to. Milloy did. He played for the Pats and had a close friendship with Brady - and a deep respect for him and has always been one of his biggest supporters and fans. He wouldn't make that comparison lightly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Matt and the Falcons success... I just don't want the bubble to burst given our luck as a franchise with top draft picks.

Is there a team that definitively would not?? Manning and Brady are up there in years a little bit. If you were the GM of every team in football, which QB would you keep over Matt Ryan?

Saints, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, Packers, Patriots, Bills, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders.

Ryan is playing great and all, but until he shows he can replicate this success and it's not a product of being an "unknown on film" QB, those listed teams will stick with their guys, with the possible exception being the Raiders and Ravens cause they are in the same boat as the Falcons.

Didn't Rick Mirer have an above average rookie season only to crash and burn the rest of his career?

Not saying that will happen to Matt, but c'mon, he's 11 games into a career. I wouldn't start comparing him to Tom Brady just yet.

The funny thing is Matt Cassell is being compared to Tom Brady..........

Rick Mirer did have a good rookie season and showed some great potential and physical skills but in no way showed the smarts and decision making ability of Ryan. That's why so many of us and the so called experts are so high on Ryan. It's not necessarily the season he's having as much as it is his uncanning ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. He works hard and learns at an unbelievable rate. In my opinion only 2 rookies have been able to do what he's doing and that's Dan Marino and Peyton Manning. One can throw other young QB's in the mix like Big Ben in Pitt but he never had to carry that team at all. He made some nice throws in his rookie year but it is nowhere in the same realm as what Ryan is able to do in his rookie season. Ryan at times has carried this team. He is as smart as any QB in the league right now with the exception of Peyton and Brady. And maybe Hasselbeck even though his body and team are giving out. And when he makes a mistake, he doesn't repeat it. Not too many QB's that have played for years can say that. So, it's not the #'s he's put up or even the wins he has under his belt but it's the way he prepares, learns and executes that are bringing him all this praise. Never could anyone ever say that about a Rick Mirer or just about any other rookie QB no matter their sucess. Even the great Peyton Manning made rookie mistakes. He threw 26 ints. Ryan hasn't made too many mistakes and when he has, he learned quickly from them and is not likely to repeat them. I know your used to something always going wrong or too good to be true with the Falcons but rest assured, Ryan's the real deal. Our history is about to change.

Some people are delusional...

you're delusional...there's only about 2-3 coaches who have guaranteed jobs next year...a good gamble will turn a coach on his way out into a coach with longevity by taking Ryan, who's projected ceiling is through the roof right now. so yea...keep thinking a coach would think rational by waiting for a player to blow up before they grab him(which would be stupid because then they couldn't grab him). watch half the NFL go after Cassel next year

Saints, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, Packers, Patriots, Bills, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders.

Ryan is playing great and all, but until he shows he can replicate this success and it's not a product of being an "unknown on film" QB, those listed teams will stick with their guys, with the possible exception being the Raiders and Ravens cause they are in the same boat as the Falcons.

are you serious? he played the same Carolina defense, that had his number last game, and played WAY better...he's far from an unknown on film QB anymore.

you stole this topic from Brandon Adams/Jeff Woverton who were talking about it on 790thezone today - no problem because I think its a great topic but you should at least have given them credit for it.......

MY ANSWER:

I think almost every team would do the trade straight up for their QB for ours(Matt Ryan). Manning/Brady are up in years now so - even though you are betting on the future versus the "now" - that is a trade that Pioli and Polian would probably make. Obviously, the Giants are happy with Eli right now but honestly, I think Matt Ryan on the Giants would do more than Eli - he's more consistent and probably more clutch - although its hard to argue that Eli is not clutch after superbowl last year along with other playoff games - must concede that.