New DT rankings by Walterfootball

KRUNKuno

I actually like Ron Brace from BC as much as Raji. The last two games i watched those two, and am really really impressed with Brace.

Cody? #1, what a joke. He better stay at Bama another year, get some, ****, any stamina and learn a couple of moves. He tires way to easily and I have seen several different O-linemen neutralize him 1 on 1.

I still think Cody will stay for one more year in college. He's got weight problems, and I don't think anyone will take him regardless of how good he can stuff the run if he's going to have to be hooked to O2 after every other play.

They'll take him if he comes out.....in the 4th round. He has some serious conditioning issues and if he doesn't change that, he's going to fall big time.

Why do people say Cody has "weight issues" I never read that once. I've actually hear positives about him working hard to lower his weight and keep in shape. Also the Terrance Taylor projection is dead on.

The dude is listed at 350lbs, but I bet that he weighs more than that. And while he has been working hard, can he keep the weight down? There's a lot of issues with the big guys.

Why do people say Cody has "weight issues" I never read that once. I've actually hear positives about him working hard to lower his weight and keep in shape. Also the Terrance Taylor projection is dead on.

Its not just his weight. The main concern is his conditioning. He is used sparingly and doesn't show up in the 4th quarter.

he has trouble maintaining his weight. They have a personal trainer attached to his hip to manage his weight. he has ballooned to over 400 lbs during his time there.

he has trouble maintaining his weight. They have a personal trainer attached to his hip to manage his weight. he has ballooned to over 400 lbs during his time there.

I believe this statement to be false. I seem to remember hearing that he was not offered a scholorship to transfer from JUCO until he made a certain weight (380 lbs)... then he needed to get to 360 or whatever he is at now by camp.

I have never discounted the fact that Cody is a good player... I just have never felt him to be a good fit here in ATL. Obviously my main concern is the scheme, but over the weeks it has become obvious that our defense gets worn down throughout the course of the game. We really seem to have a hard time stopping the run, and pass rushing in the 3rd Quarter and on. I do not want a guy that has conditioning problems because he will add to this.

I believe this statement to be false. I seem to remember hearing that he was not offered a scholorship to transfer from JUCO until he made a certain weight (380 lbs)... then he needed to get to 360 or whatever he is at now by camp.

Before going to AL Cody was at a constant 400-410 lbs. If you want proof, look it up or just ask. ah forget it, i'll help just to protect my good name.

in high school:

"Scott Jones, Riverdale's coach at the time, wanted to know if Cody, a senior returning to football for the first time since his freshman year, could tackle. So Jones sent a running back at Cody. Later, the back would wonder how a house managed to fall on him during football practice. "When Terrence tackled him, all you could see was feet," Jones says. "At the time, he weighed about 410. The poor little running back was only 175."

"Cody's weight hovered near 400 during his time in Perkinston, and some coaches don't believe a player that heavy has the stamina or the athletic ability to make an impact at the college level. "A lot of people are just wary of guys that big," Campbell said. "You know when people say that if things seem too good to be true that they usually are."

and again at Alabama

"Alabama coaches didn't shy away from Cody. "They wanted me bad," Cody said. "They said they felt like I was the missing part of the defense." They just wanted that piece to be a little smaller. Preseason reports had Cody's weight hovering near 400 again, but Bama coach Nick Saban had decreed Cody needed to weigh about 365 to have the stamina to be effective. Saban believes Cody can follow in the footsteps of Keith Traylor and Ted Washington, giant run-stuffers who had long and lucrative NFL careers"

http://m.si.com/news/sp/wr_cfb_sports/deta...6E2.cnnsilive9i

If you need anything else, just let me know. ^_^

Before going to AL Cody was at a constant 400-410 lbs. If you want proof, look it up or just ask. ah forget it, i'll help just to protect my good name.

in high school:

"Scott Jones, Riverdale's coach at the time, wanted to know if Cody, a senior returning to football for the first time since his freshman year, could tackle. So Jones sent a running back at Cody. Later, the back would wonder how a house managed to fall on him during football practice. "When Terrence tackled him, all you could see was feet," Jones says. "At the time, he weighed about 410. The poor little running back was only 175."

"Cody's weight hovered near 400 during his time in Perkinston, and some coaches don't believe a player that heavy has the stamina or the athletic ability to make an impact at the college level. "A lot of people are just wary of guys that big," Campbell said. "You know when people say that if things seem too good to be true that they usually are."

and again at Alabama

"Alabama coaches didn't shy away from Cody. "They wanted me bad," Cody said. "They said they felt like I was the missing part of the defense." They just wanted that piece to be a little smaller. Preseason reports had Cody's weight hovering near 400 again, but Bama coach Nick Saban had decreed Cody needed to weigh about 365 to have the stamina to be effective. Saban believes Cody can follow in the footsteps of Keith Traylor and Ted Washington, giant run-stuffers who had long and lucrative NFL careers"

http://m.si.com/news/sp/wr_cfb_sports/deta...6E2.cnnsilive9i

If you need anything else, just let me know. ^_^

Not to bud in but I believe his statement was not in reference to him being 400+ lbs it was in reference to your statement about him have a problem maintaining his weight and he needing to be surrounded by personal trainers. I think it was a well know fact that Cody has always been rather large but he balloon up to that weight because he was not motivated to stay in shape to play football after not playing his senior year in high school. He simply let himself good which is understandable for a young guy trying to find himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3610296

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806609