Breaking News:Alan Colmes Leaving "Hannity & Colmes"

logic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are both lightweights actually. Hannity is just more agressive and was able to bully him a lot and make him seem foolish..I'd like to see two real ideological heavyweights go head to head on a show similar to when CNN used to have Crossfire...

Glenn Beck vs Rachel Maddow would be enertaining..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are both lightweights actually. Hannity is just more agressive and was able to bully him a lot and make him seem foolish..I'd like to see two real ideological heavyweights go head to head on a show similar to when CNN used to have Crossfire...

Glenn Beck vs Rachel Maddow would be enertaining..

It's been a while since I have watched Crossfire, but the last time I saw it there was Carville and Begala smacking around Tucker Carlson in front a heavily biased studio audience. Not exactly an equal forum.

It's been a while since I have watched Crossfire, but the last time I saw it there was Carville and Begala smacking around Tucker Carlson in front a heavily biased studio audience. Not exactly an equal forum.

Most of these shows are filmed in L.A. Chicago and New York so its kind of hard to really get an equal forum or unbiased audience...Sorry, but places in "real America" like Oklahoma and Kentucky aren't magnets for huge television studios....

And Tucker Carlson is an idiot....

Actually, this is a good move. Alan Colmes will be put on in various spots during Fox's news coverage, offering a little bit a balance there. Also, he's going to have his own program on weekends, like Hannity does. I thought it showed Fox News' bias when Hannity was given his own show but Colmes (or any other liberal) didn't have one. Using Colmes in other capacities gives credibility to Fox News.

However, there's no mention of what will become of "Hannity & Colmes." Will the show remain? Will they replace Colmes with another liberal? If so, will the liberal be a permanent or rotating host? Only time will tell.

Hannity & Colmes was probably the best program Fox News had. The idea isn't for the two of them to debate with each other, but to bring on guests (a conservative and a liberal, a government official or some other expert) and cross-examine them to analyze the topics of the day. That format was far better than Crossfire, when the two guests just argued back and forth. I had a problem with them going away from this format over the years, as Hannity was getting exclusive interviews with Bush, McCain, Palin etc without Colmes being there to ask questions himself.

Actually, this is a good move. Alan Colmes will be put on in various spots during Fox's news coverage, offering a little bit a balance there. Also, he's going to have his own program on weekends, like Hannity does. I thought it showed Fox News' bias when Hannity was given his own show but Colmes (or any other liberal) didn't have one. Using Colmes in other capacities gives credibility to Fox News.

However, there's no mention of what will become of "Hannity & Colmes." Will the show remain? Will they replace Colmes with another liberal? If so, will the liberal be a permanent or rotating host? Only time will tell.

Hannity & Colmes was probably the best program Fox News had. The idea isn't for the two of them to debate with each other, but to bring on guests (a conservative and a liberal, a government official or some other expert) and cross-examine them to analyze the topics of the day. That format was far better than Crossfire, when the two guests just argued back and forth. I had a problem with them going away from this format over the years, as Hannity was getting exclusive interviews with Bush, McCain, Palin etc without Colmes being there to ask questions himself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/24/a...n_n_146069.html

No replacement. Hannity will have his own solo show everynight, in addition to Hannity's America every weekend... I swear this guy has parlayed 8 repetitive talking points with an unhealthy dose of Reagan worship into quite a career.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/24/a...n_n_146069.html

No replacement. Hannity will have his own solo show everynight, in addition to Hannity's America every weekend... I swear this guy has parlayed 8 repetitive talking points with an unhealthy dose of Reagan worship into quite a career.

That's bad news. If Fox News is really "fair and balanced," they need to replace Colmes on that show. There really would be no point in tuning in if it's just going to be Hannity. It'll be a Republican lovefest. Even if he does have liberals on, he can control how much they say and whether they get to talk, a la Bill O'Reilly.

That's bad news. If Fox News is really "fair and balanced," they need to replace Colmes on that show. There really would be no point in tuning in if it's just going to be Hannity. It'll be a Republican lovefest. Even if he does have liberals on, he can control how much they say and whether they get to talk, a la Bill O'Reilly.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: