Question about Brent Grimes

Tandy

OK - I was trying to figure it out - was he hurt or was it play related only?

I read somewhere it was due to his play. It seemed like every time Smith made a catch that Coleman was making the tackle. I was surprised when I saw Grimes in there but the announcers didn't mention it at all. If we had real journalists around here then Smith would've been questioned about it. I'm guessing we'll here about it soon.

I read somewhere it was due to his play. It seemed like every time Smith made a catch that Coleman was making the tackle. I was surprised when I saw Grimes in there but the announcers didn't mention it at all. If we had real journalists around here then Smith would've been questioned about it. I'm guessing we'll here about it soon.

Thanks. I noticed his head wasn't turned a few times again - I wonder if that had anything to do with it. That pass to Smith which got him to the 5 yard line - that one hurt. I think Houston and Coleman covered that one.

Thanks. I noticed his head wasn't turned a few times again - I wonder if that had anything to do with it. That pass to Smith which got him to the 5 yard line - that one hurt. I think Houston and Coleman covered that one.

HOUSTON's head is hardly ever turned around. time to check out CHEVIS JACKSON at left corner IMHO. HOUSTON just lacks the basics in coverage skills. play him at nickel with CHEVIS gettin' at look. GRIMES has better cover skills but is at a disadvantage 'cause of his size. but at least he's always in position to make the play. seems to be a better tackler than HOUSTON also. this coachin' staff will not hesistate to change starters. that is for sure ;)

HOUSTON's head is hardly ever turned around. time to check out CHEVIS JACKSON at left corner IMHO. HOUSTON just lacks the basics in coverage skills. play him at nickel with CHEVIS gettin' at look. GRIMES has better cover skills but is at a disadvantage 'cause of his size. but at least he's always in position to make the play. seems to be a better tackler than HOUSTON also. this coachin' staff will not hesistate to change starters. that is for sure ;)

Sometimes, getting pulled will spark a player into action. Chris is super fast and he has the strength to be a great tackler. He hits hard. If they can teach him to play the ball - he could be an excellent corner. Maybe this was about getting his attention.

Sometimes, getting pulled will spark a player into action. Chris is super fast and he has the strength to be a great tackler. He hits hard. If they can teach him to play the ball - he could be an excellent corner. Maybe this was about getting his attention.

he has the physical tools, no doubt. but as MILLOY alluded to earlier in the season, he said some people are hitters and some aren't, when talkin' about HOUSTON. and personally, i think this was an overt jab at HOUSTON without comin' at him to hard. but i think MILLOY and COLEMAN have shown frustration with HOUSTON's play. i know i'm frustrated with his play. i always feel we are one snap away from givin' up that big play on his side of the ball/field when he's in there. and i don't get that with FOX nor GRIMES. i also think they'd play more press coverage if HOUSTON was not in there. but that's just my opinion and nothin' more.

They waited a little too long to do this. IMO, they should have had Foxy on Smith from the beginning, and let Houston worry about Muhammed.

Maybe. I just think Steve Smith had one of those games. He caught 2 long ones on Fox. Including that annoying stop fade that got Houston pulled. Like I said, they put Houston right back in there after that drive.

I think it was that deep pass that got Coleman steamed that really got Houston pulled. I'm almost positive it should have either been cover 2 with Houston and Coleman, or a cover 3 that Houston totally blew.

Foxworth got moved to the side with Smith. So the only person trained at right corner was Grimes.

That's what I thought too. They started having Foxworth on Smith the entire 4th qtr. I love it. He seems like he can be a shutdown corner in this league. Smith's a great reciever and he's going to get his but Fox played him a lot closer and tougher than Houston was. I do like Houston though. I still think he can be good he just can't cover Smith but hardly anyone can so that's not saying anything about his coverage skills.

Maybe. I just think Steve Smith had one of those games. He caught 2 long ones on Fox. Including that annoying stop fade that got Houston pulled. Like I said, they put Houston right back in there after that drive.

I think it was that deep pass that got Coleman steamed that really got Houston pulled. I'm almost positive it should have either been cover 2 with Houston and Coleman, or a cover 3 that Houston totally blew.

I agree. I'm pretty positive Houston was supposed to be back there with inside help from Coleman. Coleman was pissed.