If we hypothetically went 8-8, does that count as a winning season?

SkySorrOW

The #1 thing I really care about is making sure we break this lame curse of no Back to back winning seasons..

So hypothetically, and this is worse case scenario.. If we went 8-8 this year, but won more than 8 games next year, Would you consider that breaking the curse?

Two more games to do it! Im pumped. I hate to count my chickens before they hatch, but its looking hard for us to win less than 9 games next year, with Trey lewis back and Smith making sure we improve week after week!

The #1 thing I really care about is making sure we break this lame curse of no Back to back winning seasons..

So hypothetically, and this is worse case scenario.. If we went 8-8 this year, but won more than 8 games next year, Would you consider that breaking the curse?

Two more games to do it! Im pumped. I hate to count my chickens before they hatch, but its looking hard for us to win less than 9 games next year, with Trey lewis back and Smith making sure we improve week after week!

No. Because we were 11-5 in 2004 and 8-8 in 2005. 8-8 is not a winning record. A winning record is having more wins than losses in a season.

:lol: Knowing the media they will place us at 31 just barely ahead of the rebuilding Lions :lol: :blink: :o<_<:angry:

I think the media is going to make this team led by Matt Ryan their darlings over the next couple of years. Might be overly optimistic; but I feel confident predicting that the Falcons team we're going to see the next 8-10 years will be unlike anything we've had over the past 42.

No...

That counts as a tied season.

9-7 Would be a winning season.

The whole idea of a winning season is having a higher number in the far left column of x-x-x.

9-7-0 Winning season

7-8-1 tie season

8-8-0 tie season

6-10 losing season

I think the media is going to make this team led by Matt Ryan their darlings over the next couple of years. Might be overly optimistic; but I feel confident predicting that the Falcons team we're going to see the next 8-10 years will be unlike anything we've had over the past 42.

Man that would be nice - I just hope we don't become like the Braves of the NFL - Dominate in the regular season and then blow it in the post <_<

Oh the opportunities they blew

No...

That counts as a tied season.

9-7 Would be a winning season.

The whole idea of a winning season is having a higher number in the far left column of x-x-x.

9-7-0 Winning season

7-8-1 tie season

8-8-0 tie season

6-10 losing season

actually 7-8-1 id count as a losing season as well.

I have always and will always count a non-playoff season a losing season - however I believe you can be a playoff team and still have a losing season

Cant grasp the whole winning season being a higher digit in the far left column than the middle column of the x-x-x scheme either?

Man that would be nice - I just hope we don't become like the Braves of the NFL - Dominate in the regular season and then blow it in the post <_<

Oh the opportunities they blew

Please don't remind any of us. :(

1982 Cleveland & Detroit did it

Yeah because of the strike shorten season. The Falcons were 5-4 that year and made the playoffs.