Interesting Madden Stratagy I used tonight

First off I use the Run' and Gun playbook because I like how diverse it is in its play selection. I can spread the field with Roddy, Jenkins, Robinson, Douglas and Finneran, or I can condense it and pound the ball with Ovie, Snelling/Norwood, and Turner. There are a couple of 5 WR sets were Douglas would is the guy where he would become the RB if I change formations. Typically I would do this to get the opponent to come out in Dime or Quarter and then audible to run a draw. However if they are in Man and a CB or S is responsible for Douglas switching him to RB could sometimes make the LB the one that is responsible for him.

So the basic strategy would be to change formations to where Douglas becomes the RB, and then send him in motion and hope the LB follows him. If that is the case hot route him to a slant, and he has a very good chance of being open. If the LB does not follow him then the LB is most likely going to be in zone, or in a spy.

First off I use the Run' and Gun playbook because I like how diverse it is in its play selection. I can spread the field with Roddy, Jenkins, Robinson, Douglas and Finneran, or I can condense it and pound the ball with Ovie, Snelling/Norwood, and Turner. There are a couple of 5 WR sets were Douglas would is the guy where he would become the RB if I change formations. Typically I would do this to get the opponent to come out in Dime or Quarter and then audible to run a draw. However if they are in Man and a CB or S is responsible for Douglas switching him to RB could sometimes make the LB the one that is responsible for him.

So the basic strategy would be to change formations to where Douglas becomes the RB, and then send him in motion and hope the LB follows him. If that is the case hot route him to a slant, and he has a very good chance of being open. If the LB does not follow him then the LB is most likely going to be in zone, or in a spy.

It makes sense but you can pretty much do the same thing with Norwood and even Turner. Most linebackers can't stay with the rb's and that way you don't have to give up being a running threat. I throw to my backs all the time if there's man coverage.

It's so furstrating when guys go for the long ball over, and over, and over, and over. I've gotten better at defending it and can force stats like that one some opponents now. Some guys get me with it if they mix up the deep routes though, mixing in deep posts. The fly routes are pretty easy to defend though.