Overall Thoughts for Today

formul8or

- The obvious mention would have to be Douglas's breakout. Awesome spin move on his catch, great patience on his return for a TD, and he finally got the reverse to work for something. I think he would've had a receiving TD if he didn't keep looking back at the defender.

- Matt Ryan just continued to do what he does, without caving into the pressure.

- The defensive line was solid all around. There were some instances where stupid Jake had too much time, but they did keep pressure and got 3 sacks, great game for both Babs and Chauncey. They didn't allow much in terms of a run game either. Anderson had a pass block or two. So did some guy I didn't even know was on the team.

- Many of Smith's big gains seemed to come from broken coverage, not a DB getting beat necessarily so this problem can be more easily fixed.

- Turner finally ran well again. The last couple of games he seemed soft, but he went hard. I think he knew we really needed him to.

- Brooking actually had a good game. He made a couple of good stops and showed his leadership when he talked Douglas about his taunting.

- The special teams all around were excellent today. We did GREAT on kick offs to Carolina, we stopped them around or before the 20 about everytime.

EDIT: I will also add it was nice to here someone finally pronounce Weiner like it's spelt.

- The obvious mention would have to be Douglas's breakout. Awesome spin move on his catch, great patience on his return for a TD, and he finally got the reverse to work for something. I think he would've had a receiving TD if he didn't keep looking back at the defender.

- Matt Ryan just continued to do what he does, without caving into the pressure.

- The defensive line was solid all around. There were some instances where stupid Jake had too much time, but they did keep pressure and got 3 sacks, great game for both Babs and Chauncey. They didn't allow much in terms of a run game either. Anderson had a pass block or two. So did some guy I didn't even know was on the team.

- Many of Smith's big gains seemed to come from broken coverage, not a DB getting beat necessarily so this problem can be more easily fixed.

- Turner finally ran well again. The last couple of games he seemed soft, but he went hard. I think he knew we really needed him to.

- Brooking actually had a good game. He made a couple of good stops and showed his leadership when he talked Douglas about his taunting.

- The special teams all around were excellent today. We did GREAT on kick offs to Carolina, we stopped them around or before the 20 about everytime.

Some big dude just showed up so they let him play a few downs. :lol:

yea i forget what the guy's name is, but i know who you're talking about. i could've sworn we cut him when they showed him.

ryan is amazing. that guy really reminds me of tom brady. whenever we NEED a big drive ryan and co. give us one.

its amazing that he ran the no huddle from the ATL 20 to 1st and goal in CAR territory.

Steve Smith didn't catch his first pass until 9:25 in the second quarter and ended up with 168 yards. That's sick.

At the end of the 1st Qtr, they showed some stats in the Dome. Time of possesions for the Falcons was 12min. Panthers had 6 total plays for 0 yards. It was nice to see Jamaal getting another sack and also stopping a few run plays. Biermann is a psycho, on defense and in kickoff duties. He ran full speed a couple of times and threw his whole body into the double team protecting the runner to break open a hole for the gunner to run through.

At the end of the 1st Qtr, they showed some stats in the Dome. Time of possesions for the Falcons was 12min. Panthers had 6 total plays for 0 yards. It was nice to see Jamaal getting another sack and also stopping a few run plays. Biermann is a psycho, on defense and in kickoff duties. He ran full speed a couple of times and threw his whole body into the double team protecting the runner to break open a hole for the gunner to run through.

If Bierrman can add some muscle he will be a force.

yea i forget what the guy's name is, but i know who you're talking about. i could've sworn we cut him when they showed him.

ryan is amazing. that guy really reminds me of tom brady. whenever we NEED a big drive ryan and co. give us one.

its amazing that he ran the no huddle from the ATL 20 to 1st and goal in CAR territory.

Ryan's play has been stellar,love watching him in the no huddle,OL looked good too.

Yeah Anderson had a good day. I hope that was enough to shut the haters up for a minute lol...Jamaal is a stand up dude and plays with heart. I know he will get better with time and experience. Shame on McClure lol...he missed a block that resulted in the Matt Ryan sack...gotta get on that Todd. And thank' the football gods' for Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. Just what this team needed....****, Harry Douglas SHOWED UP BIG today. Well done. We have a bright future boys....get ready for greatness.