Proof That the Coaching Staff Doesn't ALWAYS Put the Best Players on the Field

formul8or

We had Grimes in there until he was hurt until Foxworth was put in. And Foxworth has made a big, big difference(I think we would've lost to N.O. with Grimes).

We also had Jennings in on PR duty forever until a referee cost Adam his job, now Harry is showing his benefits.

So when it comes to Brooking and Anderson discussions, please stop using the "I trust the coaching staff to put the best players on the field" excuse. They can't be perfect.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We had Grimes in there until he was hurt until Foxworth was put in. And Foxworth has made a big, big difference(I think we would've lost to N.O. with Grimes).

We also had Jennings in on PR duty forever until a referee cost Adam his job, now Harry is showing his benefits.

So when it comes to Brooking and Anderson discussions, please stop using the "I trust the coaching staff to put the best players on the field" excuse. They can't be perfect.

Go the F away !

You have no clue !

you know something, your right, I'll take your word over Mike Smith and Brian Van Gorder anyday.

great post....

:rolleyes:

Now you sound like someone with an agenda to push my friend. When you post crap like this after an INCREDIBLE victory, you sound like someone with an agenda to grind.

BTW - just trust the coaching staff. B)

YOu just can't go five minutes without your little snit fits, can you?

Even after we just PUMMELED the Panthers.

Whine, whine, whine.

Now you sound like someone with an agenda to push my friend. When you post crap like this after an INCREDIBLE victory, you sound like someone with an agenda to grind.

If we still used Jennings and Grimes this incredible moment might not even be a victory.

Yeah - it's quickly approaching Vick-75 territory.

After every game, win or loss, you can always trust formul8or to post a Anderson/Brooking hate thread...

you just have the face the facts. We don't have a bench full of HOF players that are getting cheated out of time. We have guys that are "role-players". The game plan is designed to allow them to thrive in their roll. Davis and Biermann are not starting because they will get tired and not be as effective. They are solid in certain situations, but our coaching staff knows when to use them... thats why they look so great. Anderson had a good game today.

Now as far as Brooking goes, I question the decision too.

Foxworth did not start until he absorbed the playbook. He said that and quite a few other personnel said that. Douglas was a risk that paid off. He still makes me nervous as he has a hard time adjusting to the ball in the air. Not sure what you are seeing on TV but that is definitely the case so they went with experience and now obviously Douglas is up to speed and he understands the best direction to run is towards the endzone.

Why the negative told you so BS thread on such a positive victory?? <_<

I post on the players that help us and hurt us. I'm a realist, I won't get caught up in the moment, sorry.

I'm not going to get into the Brooking debate w/you right now, but what ON EARTH did you see today that disappointed you about Anderson? He got a lot of pressure, and nearly got a sack. Dude is playing with heart, and you would have who replace him? :huh:

I post on the players that help us and hurt us. I'm a realist, I won't get caught up in the moment, sorry.

I mean, I can understand your frustration. But why not at least put a positive spin on it like "Davis played great for us today! He deserves more PT" or "Nicholas could be our next WLB with his impact play" instead of blanket negatives like "Anderson sux" or "Brooking is old and slow." Maybe I'm crazy for trying to think positive, but I just don't understand what hating on one player to promote another accomplishes...

Hey I just hate the cop out excuse supporters of Brooking bring.

brooking made play after play today....just rewatched on dvr, and promise you brooking only "missed" one play that was a zone d........but made a couple impressive stops,.....but i get it you hate him so it natters not what i nor anyone else says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i bet you flip burgers at mcdonalds.........

I mean, I can understand your frustration. But why not at least put a positive spin on it like "Davis played great for us today! He deserves more PT" or "Nicholas could be our next WLB with his impact play" instead of blanket negatives like "Anderson sux" or "Brooking is old and slow." Maybe I'm crazy for trying to think positive, but I just don't understand what the purpose of hating on one player to promote another accomplishes...

good post.

we won today, lets enjoy the win for a while before we start criticizing our own players.

I'm not going to get into the Brooking debate w/you right now, but what ON EARTH did you see today that disappointed you about Anderson? He got a lot of pressure, and nearly got a sack. Dude is playing with heart, and you would have who replace him? :huh:

I didn't say anything negative about either today, where do yall pull that from in this post? I'm just saying in future posts and whatnot. Anderson was good today, heck Brooking wasn't bad either.

I mean, I can understand your frustration. But why not at least put a positive spin on it like "Davis played great for us today! He deserves more PT" or "Nicholas could be our next WLB with his impact play" instead of blanket negatives like "Anderson sux" or "Brooking is old and slow." Maybe I'm crazy for trying to think positive, but I just don't understand what hating on one player to promote another accomplishes...

I didn't say any of that at all, I didn't say anything negative about the players whatsoever in this post. Today they both played well and I really appreciated Brooking telling Douglas to watch his showboating.

This FO has made changes to the team all season which makes me feel even more confident in them that they are trying to put the best team on the field each time. There were obviously reasons that we do not know of that kept these players off the field or on the field until the change but change was made and will continue to be made as a better players steps forward. Anderson stepped up a few weeks ago and has continued to improve and earn his spot over the other LDE so your hate for him is just still obvious. Brooking for some reason is still earning his spot in the eyes of the staff so yes I will trust them since they have given us no reason to say otherwise.