NFL Officials

Bring It

This year more than ever before, the Zebras are determined to affect the outcomes of games, with horrible, inept calls, thruout the NFL. It's reaching the level of total ineptness. The examples are far too numerous to list here. It seems they MUST alter the direction of a game by "creating" or completely ignoring blatant infractions.

If something isn't done by the League it's going to ruin the game.

They are worse than pathetic.

I don't think there's any sort of conspiracy here - just a few missed calls every game that pile up over the course of the season. Besides, what would the league have to gain by manipulating the results of games? I think they like it better when people are talking about the games rather than bad calls that occur during the games...

I don't think there's any sort of conspiracy here - just a few missed calls every game that pile up over the course of the season. Besides, what would the league have to gain by manipulating the results of games? I think they like it better when people are talking about the games rather than bad calls that occur during the games...

You missed my point.

I didn't say or imply anything about conspiracy or fix.

I'm saying it's an attitude .....................a mindset. The Zebras desperately want to affect the DIRECTION of a game, to sort of remind everybody that THEY are the MASTERS of the house, so to speak. They will cause the ebb and flow. Having the rightful thing.............the players, do it makes the players more important than the pathetic officials. This, they don't enjoy.

Power.

Isn't this a complaint every year? Each year is worse than the previous year? It isn't, just the level of complaining.

I think it's gotten a lot more attention this year than any I can remember. It seems every single week there is a new controversy. I don't remember it being this bad before. And who can blame people for being upset with calls like in the eagles game or calls like today with that complete pass ruled incomplete before the half today. Even after review they get it wrong. No excuse for that.

I can understand the officials are going to make some bad or wrong calls on the field, it's a difficult job to perform correctly all the time. I do not believe that the so called "rating down" BS the NFL rolls out about bad officiating has much effect on correcting the problem, which is why it comes back up for discussion every year. And yes, it does seem worse than usual this year.

That said, there is no reasonable excuse for some of the ignorance and incompetence displayed by some of the officials in the replay booth and on the field reviewing some replays.