Billick is right we need Jermaine Gresham @ TE

Assuming TD drafts similarly to the way NE did, we'll spend first day picks on TEs every other year here. I completely agree with Billick on the point that a TE would open up this offense even more. As it is, re-signing Jenkins and extending White would mean that with Douglas and Robinson, all of our talented receivers are here for a while. With Ryan so young and Turner only 26, we appear to have a three year window of offensive dominance in the offing. In fact, only Weiner and McClure have any age on them out of the starting offense (correct me if I'm wrong).

He isn't asked to block alot in the spread offense and when he does its hardly convincing, in the NFL he would not be effective at blocking. When ever I have watched him specifically he has let the defender by too easy for my likeing to be taken in the first.

Now a really blocking TE that can catch almost aswell is Brandon Pettigrew but he does have 1 off the field incident but I would still take him in the 2nd if he fell to us.

gresham is really good too so we should grab him if Pettigrew is off the board

Look there is nothing more important to a QB than a good TD. Look at last few Superbowl Champions. N.E. drafted 2 first round Tight ends in Graham and Watson to help them win superbowls

Boss played a key role last year

The Steelers had Heath Miller

The Colts had Dallas Clark

The Ravens had Shannon Sharp

Ken Dilger and Ricky Dudley totaled more than 500 yards and 5 td's when Tampa won a superbowl

gresham is really good too so we should grab him if Pettigrew is off the board

Look there is nothing more important to a QB than a good TD. Look at last few Superbowl Champions. N.E. drafted 2 first round Tight ends in Graham and Watson to help them win superbowls

Boss played a key role last year

The Steelers had Heath Miller

The Colts had Dallas Clark

The Ravens had Shannon Sharp

Ken Dilger and Ricky Dudley totaled more than 500 yards and 5 td's when Tampa won a superbowl

Our offense is not what any of those offense are maybe close to the Steelers but not by much. Different offensive schemes require different players and ours doesn't really need a receving TE.

gresham is grossly overrated. i would hate for us to waste a 1st or 2nd rd pick on him. whoever we get for a 3rd TE had better have extremely consistant hands. unlike roddy and jenkins, douglas is the only target ryan has that fits that bill. we can find that guy in rd 5. what we need early is a true and consistant target at WR for ryan. the two bums we have starting right now are not consistant enough and our offense will only be as good as they aint. for every crappy play by roddy there was a great play by douglas which is what saved this game for us along with ryan's leadership and some great plays by the D mixed with a few bad ones for an overall performance that was merely good enough. give me a recieving threat at TE and a WR that can be a true #1 and i'll be happy. oh and an OL or two and use the rest on defense.

I wouldn't use one of our first 2 picks on a TE. I would use our 3rd pick on one though. A passcatching TE would open up this offense a lot more than people think. Peelle and Hartsock have 12 catches combined for a whopping 125 yards in 11 games. I think the main place it would help us is our redzone efficiency. The TE's are great for short yardage plays. We struggle with converting TD's in the redzone. Our backs are great, our wideouts are great, which is why our offense is awesome when we can spread the field (not a lot of 3 and outs). Once we get into a short field, we have to resort to a lot of field goals.

We are #7 in total offense. We are ranked 23rd in TD's (before this game that is, those 6 might help that a bit).

gresham is grossly overrated. i would hate for us to waste a 1st or 2nd rd pick on him. whoever we get for a 3rd TE had better have extremely consistant hands. unlike roddy and jenkins, douglas is the only target ryan has that fits that bill. we can find that guy in rd 5. what we need early is a true and consistant target at WR for ryan. the two bums we have starting right now are not consistant enough and our offense will only be as good as they aint. for every crappy play by roddy there was a great play by douglas which is what saved this game for us along with ryan's leadership and some great plays by the D mixed with a few bad ones for an overall performance that was merely good enough. give me a recieving threat at TE and a WR that can be a true #1 and i'll be happy. oh and an OL or two and use the rest on defense.

973 yds and 6 TD's in 11 games = crappy?