Recruit QB David Sims switches from Kentucky to Ga. Tech

xFalconLord

South Carolina QB commits to Georgia Tech

By Michael Carvell | Sunday, November 23, 2008, 03:42 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

David Sims of Calhoun County (S.C.) has switched his commitment from Kentucky to Georgia Tech, according to GoGamecocks,com.

The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Sims is projected to play quaterback at Tech. The Jackets already have a commitment from Jordan Luallen, a quarterback from Center Grove High in Greenwood, Ind.

The kid is nasty. He has some big time offers, as well. Almost the whole SEC was looking at him.

Most people were recruiting him as a Safety or RB but as an option QB, he would be perfect for Tech.

Smart kid and has great instincts, not to mention, he is a natural athlete. HUGE pickup for the Jackets. This kid will be our starter before he is finished at GT.

From what I've read, looks like he may end up being a very good DB or AB RB. He received a bunch of offers from some bigtime programs including Florida, FSU, Michigan, TN, and Alabama.

The article says he is a QB. On one of the recruiting sites, it said that Kentucky wanted him to play running back. It went on to say that he feels like he could utilize his skills more at QB because he feels like he is a good passer. We will see what they do with him, but hes going to get a shot at QB.

The article says he is a QB. On one of the recruiting sites, it said that Kentucky wanted him to play running back. It went on to say that he feels like he could utilize his skills more at QB because he feels like he is a good passer. We will see what they do with him, but hes going to get a shot at QB.

he could do a michael robinson and play rb at the nfl level depending on how talented he is.. you can never tell until they get on campus.

Im srry tech fans but if any QB wants to play in the NFL they prolly shouldnt commit to Tech. No scout will ever take an option QB like this higher than the 5th round. they are too undepredictable. Techs offense hardly uses the pass. Their are no Triple options in the NFL and Tech is not the place u want to go if tht is ur goal.

So if Vince Young went to Georgia Tech and ran the option no chance he would selected higher then a 5th round. When we get more WR threats we will throw more.

Im srry tech fans but if any QB wants to play in the NFL they prolly shouldnt commit to Tech. No scout will ever take an option QB like this higher than the 5th round. they are too undepredictable. Techs offense hardly uses the pass. Their are no Triple options in the NFL and Tech is not the place u want to go if tht is ur goal.

Where did the guy say he was going to GT to be a future NFL QB? Did I miss something?

So if Vince Young went to Georgia Tech and ran the option no chance he would selected higher then a 5th round. When we get more WR threats we will throw more.

agreed.. but you have to sell wrs on that passing game and it's one thing opposing coaches are using against gt.. i know you have two wrs, but you will have some great options next year in the 2010 class instate (could be the deepest in years in top wideouts) and we will see how many you can convince to come to gt..

agreed.. but you have to sell wrs on that passing game and it's one thing opposing coaches are using against gt.. i know you have two wrs, but you will have some great options next year in the 2010 class instate (could be the deepest in years in top wideouts) and we will see how many you can convince to come to gt..

As weird as it may seem, I think we will get WRs to come. I dont know how or why, but they will come. We shall see.

As weird as it may seem, I think we will get WRs to come. I dont know how or why, but they will come. We shall see.

we will see.. all I know is uga is going after 4 wrs IMO this coming year's recruiting class and they have targeted a few already.. i will be interested to see if we go head to head with any.