Fight Song

Swami57

My ex-wife was a huge Redskins fan and would annoy the crap out of me by singing "Hail to the Redskins" at every opportunity. We were once in a bar in Atlanta with some of her old pals from up north. We were watching the highlights on ESPN when they started singing that d@mn song. Pretty soon we were surrounded by 8 or 9 other Skins fans singing their hearts out. We ended up having quite a night of it, moving en masse from bar to bar, picking up more Skins fans at every stop. If you're not familiar with it, it's a very easy song to remember:

Hail to the Redskins

Hail Vic-to-ry

Braves on the warpath

Fight for old DC

I remember thinking how cool it was that all these people had a common bond shared through that song. I have to admit, it's a catchy tune and honestly invokes team spirit. Does anyone know if such a fight song exists for the Falcons? I've been a fan for 40 years and never heard one. And I'm not talking about some "Dirty Bird" song, I'm talking about a true fight song. I Googled it and found some godawful mess that claimed to be the Falcon's fight song but there was no melody and I've never heard it. It wasn't from a team or fan site so I doubt it's legit.

There's been a lot of talk on the boards about fan unity, or lack there of, and I'd like to see if we could come up with something as a group to rally around. Here are some criteria:

1. Must have a simple, easily recognizable melody that everyone can sing.

2. Keep it short and sweet with easy to remember lyrics.

3. Should be singable, and indeed sound better, after 6 or 8 of your favorite beverages.

4. Embodies team spirit and local identity.

Here's an example, try singing this to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine"::

We are the Falcons

Atlanta Falcons

We are the fiercest birds of prey

And we will fight on

To meet our glory

In the heart of old GA

Some of you younger fans may think this idea is too cornball but it works and it's a heck of a lot of fun. Try singing this at your next tailgate party and see what happens. Or make up your own and share you experience with the group. Let's get the team spirt flowing folks!!

GO FALCONS!!

My ex-wife was a huge Redskins fan and would annoy the crap out of me by singing "Hail to the Redskins" at every opportunity. We were once in a bar in Atlanta with some of her old pals from up north. We were watching the highlights on ESPN when they started singing that d@mn song. Pretty soon we were surrounded by 8 or 9 other Skins fans singing their hearts out. We ended up having quite a night of it, moving en masse from bar to bar, picking up more Skins fans at every stop. If you're not familiar with it, it's a very easy song to remember:

Hail to the Redskins

Hail Vic-to-ry

Braves on the warpath

Fight for old DC

I remember thinking how cool it was that all these people had a common bond shared through song. I have to admit, it's a catchy tune and honestly invokes team spirit. Does anyone know if such a fight song exists for the Falcons? I've been a fan for 40 years and never heard one. And I'm not talking about some "Dirty Bird" song, I'm talking about a true fight song. I Googled it and found some godawful mess that claimed to be the Falcon's fight song but there was no melody and I've never heard it. It wasn't from a team or fan site so I doubt it's legit.

There's been a lot of talk on the boards about fan unity, or lack there of, and I'd like to see if we could come up with something as a group to rally around. Here are some criteria:

1. Must have a simple, easily recognizable melody that everyone can sing.

2. Keep it short and sweet with easy to remember lyrics.

3. Should be singable, and indeed sound better, after 6 or 8 of your favorite beverages.

4. Embodies team spirit and local identity.

Here's an example, try singing this to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine"::

We are the Falcons

Atlanta Falcons

We are the fiercest birds of prey

And we will fight on

To meet our glory

In the heart of old GA

Some of you younger fans may think this idea is too cornball but it works and it's a heck of a lot of fun. Try singing this at your next tailgate party and see what happens. Or make up your own and share you experience with the group. Let's get the team spirt flowing folks!!

GO FALCONS!!

:lol:

If the Falcon's made a fight song, it would probably be some rap garbage.

I totally agree with this thought about starting such a tradition. It is very difficult, and I am not talented at all in that area. One of the areas that UGA really does an outstanding job with is how they use music during their games and how it connects with what is happening on the field. You do not have that at all in the NFL, but the redskin's fight song comes close to it. To my knowledge it is the only such fight song in the NFL unless you want to include the J..E..T..S..chant. Those two are the ones I am aware of and would love to see something for the Falcons. I wonder if the Air Force Academy has something special we are not aware of?? B)

Yes there was a fight song(really corny like from the 70's)I dont remember it fron the old fulton co.stadium(late 70's) but the first year at the dome they had people come on the field and sing it(a couple of times and then gave up)My wife can remember a good chunk of it (kinda scarry)but all i can remember is it started like this/ Fly high Falcons straight down the field bla bla bla bla never to yield ,Thats all i can remember it was kind of like a college chant,but hopefully if they came up with a new one it would be a wee bit better.

they did have one at fulton county, my buddies and i still sing a variation of it, but just found the lyrics, we are not close with our new lyrics lol

The Original Atlanta Falcons Fight Song

Of course, while "Falcons Fever" is the song-du-jour for fans at the moment, the very first Atlanta Falcons fight song dates back to the team's days at Atlanta Fulton-County Stadium. The song was entitled "Fly High Falcons" and would be sung by the fans each time the Falcons team would score. There lyrics were recently reprinted on the Atlanta team homepage and were as follows:

"Fly high Falcons straight down the field, / Fly high Falcons never to yield. / Red and silver is Atlanta's team, / When the game is over you will reign supreme. / (Come on and) fly high Falcons, soar in the sky. / You're the football elite. / Flying higher, higher, high -- fly high, / Atlanta Falcons can't be beat! / (Come on and) fly high Falcons, soar in the sky. / You're the football elite. / Flying higher, higher, high -- fly high, / Atlanta Falcons can't be beat!"

here is link to info i found

The song "Falcons Fever" sucks rocks. Everyone deep down knows it; that's why it never caught on.

The Falcons actually has an Old School fight song: "Fly High Falcons". It's kind of corny, but fight songs are really suppose to be. Despite some people dising it, "Fly High Falcons" is certainly no worse than Philadelphia's "Fly Eagles Fly", Washington's "Hail to the Redskins", or most other college or pro team songs. I think most people will agree "Fly High Falcons" is infinitely more easy to sing than "Falcons Fever" ever was.

It probably won't happen, but I wish the Falcons management would bring back "Fly High Falcons" to the games.

Link to mp.3 file of "Fly High Falcons": http://www.falconsroost.com/flyhighfalcons.mp3

Lyrics :

Fly high Falcons straight down the field,

Fly high Falcons never to yield.

Red, [black,] silver is Atlanta's team,

When the game is over you will reign supreme.

(Come on and) fly high Falcons, soar in the sky.

You're the football elite.

Flying higher, higher, high -- fly high,

Atlanta Falcons can't be beat!

i live in maryland near dc and every week this guy on radio 95.5 makes a rap about how the redskins are gonna whoop their upcoming opponent

and most of the songs are pretty cool.

is there any of that going on in atl?

Ludacris re-did "Stand Up" a few years back and changed the lyrics about the Falcons. I liked that version.

• 1 year later...

they did have one at fulton county, my buddies and i still sing a variation of it, but just found the lyrics, we are not close with our new lyrics lol

The Original Atlanta Falcons Fight Song

Of course, while "Falcons Fever" is the song-du-jour for fans at the moment, the very first Atlanta Falcons fight song dates back to the team's days at Atlanta Fulton-County Stadium. The song was entitled "Fly High Falcons" and would be sung by the fans each time the Falcons team would score. There lyrics were recently reprinted on the Atlanta team homepage and were as follows:

"Fly high Falcons straight down the field, / Fly high Falcons never to yield. / Red and silver is Atlanta's team, / When the game is over you will reign supreme. / (Come on and) fly high Falcons, soar in the sky. / You're the football elite. / Flying higher, higher, high -- fly high, / Atlanta Falcons can't be beat! / (Come on and) fly high Falcons, soar in the sky. / You're the football elite. / Flying higher, higher, high -- fly high, / Atlanta Falcons can't be beat!"

here is link to info i found

Short and simple is the way for a "Fight Song" IMHO and I really don't think Travis or the other were making a replacement. I think they were just showing support with their music and the Falcons played them for intros and such.

I do know that that trash they try and make us follow after touchdowns and fieldgoals isn't working. They just need to go back to the old stuff from last year till yhey figure this out.

The fly Falcons thing got me thinking of the greatest chant in sports history. Austin Peay College had a great basketball player in the 50`s named James "Fly" Williams who went on to a good career in the ABA. When ever "Fly"

was open the fans would chant, "Fly is open, lets go Peay". LOL

I`m not making fun but I dont see the kind of atmosphere in Atlanta to support a fight song. But then again

I am still shocked Braves fans are still doing the tomahawk chop.