TT, Texas, OK all win next week

jdu00743

The Big 12 has a division tie-breaker procedure.

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

The Big 12 has a division tie-breaker procedure.

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

So you're saying it's going to come down to tiebreaker #5 if they all win? Wow, it's going to be close. Almost the exact scenario of 2000 with Miami and FSU, in the sense of choosing either the better team, or the team that beat that team heads up and lost to a worse team.

So you're saying it's going to come down to tiebreaker #5 if they all win? Wow, it's going to be close. Almost the exact scenario of 2000 with Miami and FSU, in the sense of choosing either the better team, or the team that beat that team heads up and lost to a worse team.

I've been impressed with the Longhorns this year, especially their win over the Sooners. I felt sure that Oklahoma would win tonight but that Texas would end up winning the tie-breaker.

After watching the slaughter this evening I have to believe that Oklahome will deserve that championship berth more than Texas.

I've been impressed with the Longhorns this year, especially their win over the Sooners. I felt sure that Oklahoma would win tonight but that Texas would end up winning the tie-breaker.

After watching the slaughter this evening I have to believe that Oklahome will deserve that championship berth more than Texas.

Texas beat Oklahoma at a neutral site, but lost to Tech at Tech

Oklahoma beat Tech at home, but lost to Texas at a neutral site.

Tech beat Texas at home, but lost to Oklahoma on the road.

What does this prove? Nothing. It does however remind everyone that the only team not to get a home game in this three way was Texas. Texas did however beat Missouri at home which is the other participant in the BigXII championship game.

I would say the winner of the BigXII south will be the team that looks most impressive next week and unfortunately OU has the strongest opponent. The silver lining is Texas plays primetime Thursday night giving them a chance to impress a national audience.

Tech is pretty much out of it at this point, unless OU loses then it's their championship game.

Crazy? You bet. Fair? Not at all.

Exactly and Miami got screwed there, so Texas has a legitimate complaint for a share of the national title if:

1) Oklahoma goes to and wins the Big XII and National Championships

2) Texas is elected to and wins their BCS game