UGA defense vs GT

Cable Guy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what kind of DEF UGA would use. Will it be the 4-3 with a safety up or going to a 4-4. I would like to see a 4-4 and play man on the WR's. Which one would be better?

uga will run a 4-2-5 defense. right now uga is 14th in the nation in rush defense giving up just 104 yards per game. uga just has to play assignment football.

uga will run a 4-2-5 defense. right now uga is 14th in the nation in rush defense giving up just 104 yards per game. uga just has to play assignment football.

i don't know sac, it's going to be pretty tough. the thing about tech's offense is that if you have a small lapse then that's when they hit you for the 50 yarder. You have to be extremely disciplined. I'm not saying tech will beat uga but i think it will be competitive.

i don't know sac, it's going to be pretty tough. the thing about tech's offense is that if you have a small lapse then that's when they hit you for the 50 yarder. You have to be extremely disciplined. I'm not saying tech will beat uga but i think it will be competitive.

I agree with this. I *think* UGA will win by at least 10, but it wouldn't surprise me to see UGA give up a few big runs. GT's D should be able to keep them in the game for a while.

playing an offense like the Triple Option is hard primarily because you don't face it all the time.. uga has one of the best run offenses in the country this entire year and they have to just play assignment football and imo at home after a bye week this defense will do it. it won't be easy, but we have the talent to do it. also remember they have to handle our offense which is the best offense they will have faced this year..

playing an offense like the Triple Option is hard primarily because you don't face it all the time.. uga has one of the best run offenses in the country this entire year and they have to just play assignment football and imo at home after a bye week this defense will do it. it won't be easy, but we have the talent to do it. also remember they have to handle our offense which is the best offense they will have faced this year..

i agree, i think this is a 31-17 type game for UGA, but this game does have potential to be exciting.

The game will be decided by UGA's offensive line vs. Tech's front four. Everyone making too much about Tech's offense vs. UGA defense. Honestly, UGA needs to protect Stafford and let him be able to throw those bullets down the field. I have watched UGA play all year long and its the offensive line that could lose this game for them.

I would say that Tech needs to focus on exploiting the OL. If they cannot, I think Moreno will run for 200 yards. Also, if the DL doesnt dominate for Tech, UGA will rip up yards through the air off play action. If Tech is disruptive up front early, I think well win. If UGA blocks it up well early, then UGA will win.

Believe me, the triple option is the most fun thing to talk about, but its not where the game will be decided.

The game will be decided by UGA's offensive line vs. Tech's front four. Everyone making too much about Tech's offense vs. UGA defense. Honestly, UGA needs to protect Stafford and let him be able to throw those bullets down the field. I have watched UGA play all year long and its the offensive line that could lose this game for them.

I would say that Tech needs to focus on exploiting the OL. If they cannot, I think Moreno will run for 200 yards. Also, if the DL doesnt dominate for Tech, UGA will rip up yards through the air off play action. If Tech is disruptive up front early, I think well win. If UGA blocks it up well early, then UGA will win.

Believe me, the triple option is the most fun thing to talk about, but its not where the game will be decided.

next year first round pick #93 michael johnson will put moreno on his back everytime he touches the ball.

agreed.. everyone is focusing on tech's triple option, but ignoring the matchup that I think will be huge in this game and the deciding factor in the end.. how uga's oline handles the front 4 for tech, but also how tech's defensive backfield handles momass and aj green..

this game will show uga fans just how good their defensive coordinator is. thats not a knock on either team tho. they could hold GTs offense to few points or they could good ran all over. it really depends. however, miami also had a highly rated run defense and ga tech ran all over them. bc and vt also have good run defenses and they couldnt stop everything. even unc, although for the most part unc did a really good job keep gt out of the endzone, they still gave up a ton of rushing yards. i think against this kind of offense, to some extent your defensive rankings against the run dont really matter as much bc instead of playing fast and flying to the ball, youre slowing down, staying at home, and following your keys. if uga cant do that, and theyve had some defensive lapses this season, then tech will have a big day, bye week or not.

another thing, tech's d vs uga's o. our coordinator has done a pretty good job this year of disguising the defense and playing much more coverage than past tech d's. to be honest, im not really worried about knowshon moreno as they have done a pretty good job at stopping pro-style running backs this year, but stafford could get several big gains rushing as tech seems to have trouble stopping the qb when he does that. i know stafford isnt a scrambler, but dont be surprised if he scrambles more on saturday. thats my opinion. depending on who plays corner, one of the receivers could have a big day although you have to be careful and keep an eye on burnett every play or uga could see it going the other way.

I don't think I've ever seen a more cocky fan base of an 8-3 team than I've witnessed the past couple of weeks.

I don't think I've ever seen a more cocky fan base of a Media-hyped preseason #1 team that is 9-2 with 2 blowout losses and barely scraping by teams that they clearly have more talent than...

Tech fans are getting pumped for the game because we have been in EVERY game except 2002 during this streak and that was with Chan Gailey and Patrick Nix leading us offensively. CPJ brings a whole new dynamic and we STILL have the defense that kept us in all those games. The difference is that we now have the offense to score points.

agreed.. everyone is focusing on tech's triple option, but ignoring the matchup that I think will be huge in this game and the deciding factor in the end.. how uga's oline handles the front 4 for tech, but also how tech's defensive backfield handles momass and aj green..

Yah, and also remember that the pressure from Tech's front 4 is directly related to how well we defend the pass. I will say this though, Techs defensive backs have played extremely tough even when the front 4 has underperformed. I think back to Clemson and Florida State., We had some great picks in those games that was strictly great coverage with limited pass rush.

I think Tech's secondary is as good as I have seen in quite some time. I dont remember me ever being comfortable with Techs secondary like I am this year. I think its Cooper Taylor and Burnett that really make that unit good. We must be top 10 in the country in interceptions.

EDIT: Tied for 6th with 17 interceptions

I don't think I've ever seen a more cocky fan base of a Media-hyped preseason #1 team that is 9-2 with 2 blowout losses and barely scraping by teams that they clearly have more talent than...

Tech fans are getting pumped for the game because we have been in EVERY game except 2002 during this streak and that was with Chan Gailey and Patrick Nix leading us offensively. CPJ brings a whole new dynamic and we STILL have the defense that kept us in all those games. The difference is that we now have the offense to score points.

I guess this shows the huge discrepancy between our programs then. 8-3 is a success having not beaten a single good team while "barely scraping by" the juggernaut that is Gardner Webb. 9-2 is a disappointing season with our 2 losses coming to the #1 and soon to be #2 teams in the country. Keep aiming high Tech keep aiming high.

I guess this shows the huge discrepancy between our programs then. 8-3 is a success having not beaten a single good team while "barely scraping by" the juggernaut that is Gardner Webb. 9-2 is a disappointing season with our 2 losses coming to the #1 and soon to be #2 teams in the country. Keep aiming high Tech keep aiming high.

You have to come stronger than that. Your saying you guys are something better than butter cuz you got blown out by 2 great teams? Who have you beaten? LSU? Troy. Ole Miss. Vanderbilt? Barely bowl eligible, lost to Tennessee, lost to Duke. Lets not get carried away here.

Michigan installs a new spread option scheme and they have the worst season in the history of their program. Paul Johnson goes from pro-style to triple option and goes 8-3 and wins at least a co-championship in the ACC Coastal. Put Tech back on the respectable map. Its kind of hard to knock the Jackets this year. I had big hopes for UGA this year, but it hasnt panned out. O well.

youre right. and it only took you one week to lose that #1 preseason ranking. way to go!

You have to come stronger than that. Your saying you guys are something better than butter cuz you got blown out by 2 great teams? Who have you beaten? LSU? Troy. Ole Miss. Vanderbilt? Barely bowl eligible, lost to Tennessee, lost to Duke. Lets not get carried away here.

Michigan installs a new spread option scheme and they have the worst season in the history of their program. Paul Johnson goes from pro-style to triple option and goes 8-3 and wins at least a co-championship in the ACC Coastal. Put Tech back on the respectable map. Its kind of hard to knock the Jackets this year. I had big hopes for UGA this year, but it hasnt panned out. O well.

um i dont think you got the memo about them being the #1 team in the nation right now with aj green breaking records not even imaginable, knowshon winning the heisman and stafford being the next john elway. they are certainly not average.~ :rolleyes:

Cuz ya know we played Troy and Ole Miss this year so if your going to attempt some smack talk at least get your facts right,. :rolleyes: