ROLLES goin 2 ENGLAND

X-Man21

"Hmmm. . . I could pay thousands of dollars to go to medical school. OR I could make millions of dollars in the NFL, help the falcons win a SB, make even more money, and then BUY my own medical school!" :lol:

Or he could go to Oxford for free....then go to the NFL...then go to medical school.

Or maybe, god forbid, he wants to be a medical doctor as soon as possible in order to help people...and money isn't his primary concern.

"Hmmm. . . I could pay thousands of dollars to go to medical school. OR I could make millions of dollars in the NFL, help the falcons win a SB, make even more money, and then BUY my own medical school!" :lol:

You know what some peoples values are not the same as yours, maybe he values being a doctor and studying at the best university in the world, more than going into the NFL with no guarantee he is going to have a career there.

Honestly if i was blessed with the choice of NFL or Oxford I would probably go to Oxford. The NFL is not the be all, and end all of life.

You know what some peoples values are not the same as yours, maybe he values being a doctor and studying at the best university in the world, more than going into the NFL with no guarantee he is going to have a career there.

Honestly if i was blessed with the choice of NFL or Oxford I would probably go to Oxford. The NFL is not the be all, and end all of life.

Very well said ... same here, between NFL and the best possible education in the world, education would always win. Shows what character guy he is, I think if he goes, he makes the right choice.

Hmm go to arguably the best university in thworld

hahahhahahaha what kind of dumbass chooses that? seriously your a ****** if you dont recoginse whatr great opportunity this is and dont relaise that he might prefer to jhelp people across the world rather than earn a couple of miillion potentially getting spliters in his ***.

Footbakl isnt the be all and end all of the world

get the **** over yourselves and the nfl

Hmm go to arguably the best university in thworld

hahahhahahaha what kind of dumbass chooses that? seriously your a ****** if you dont recoginse whatr great opportunity this is and dont relaise that he might prefer to jhelp people across the world rather than earn a couple of miillion potentially getting spliters in his ***.

Footbakl isnt the be all and end all of the world

get the **** over yourselves and the nfl

I'm gonna agree with this.

You gotta work on your spelling man lol

You can't buy your way into Oxford, it doesn't work quite the same way as the US. :P

However, given the choice, I would definitely rather have played in the NFL than have gone to Oxford.

That's you, who is not a fraction of the athlete that Rolle is and has not played the amount of football Rolle has. Rolle has always been education-first and getting the Rhodes Scholarship to him is like being the #1 pick in the NFL Draft to us, if we were top college football players. Can't blame if he decides to go to England. I think he'd make a nice safety and his smarts and character make it seem like he would be a guy high on our list, but he's got to follow his own dream, not yours.

Oxford isnt going anywhere. If he waits a few years, Oxford is not going to say "youve lost some smarts, you are no longer welcome!!111!" The NFL is not going to be there in a few years, you only have this one chance. He WILL lose his speed and the other physical attributes he needs to play in the NFL with time. His brain and rhodes scholarship.... not so much. Easy Choice.

Thing is, there are going to be a lot of interviews with this guy during the time leading up to the draft. Just because he goes to Oxford, it doesn't mean his NFL career is done. There are a lot of things that can be worked out. It will affect his draft status, but if a team were willing to work with him, he could still get drafted and play some in the NFL before starting the next part of his career if he so chooses.

Oxford isnt going anywhere. If he waits a few years, Oxford is not going to say "youve lost some smarts, you are no longer welcome!!111!" The NFL is not going to be there in a few years, you only have this one chance. He WILL lose his speed and the other physical attributes he needs to play in the NFL with time. His brain and rhodes scholarship.... not so much. Easy Choice.

It may be an easy choice for you....but what if he doesn't want to wait to jump into real acedemia?

Think about this....Mormons go on a 2 year mission...then come back to school and finish. There are also plenty of 24 year old and 25 year old rookies coming into the league every year.

The guy just turned 22 a month ago....he would only be 24 by the time he finishes his excellent post-bac work at Oxford, which will help him achieve his life long goals.

He then can get into football for a few years and make a couple bucks to pay for his eventual future education.

He would only be a few weeks older than Roddy White was when he came into the league in 2005.

The Oxford scholarship is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity....and plenty of teams will want Rolle when he finishes.