ATLANTA vs CAROLINA

Xfactor

Four weeks ago if you would have told me that we would keep Brees and the Saints out of the end zone until the 3rd quarter but Denver would shred our Defense with a bunch of back ups, I wouldn't have believed you. Well it happened, so before I embark on my road trip to the Dome for imo the game of the year, against a division rival, and the game that will most likely determine our fate concerning the playoffs. I realize folks it doesn't get any bigger than this for us.

Let me digress back to the Denver game just for a moment. Whatever the reason, there was something not right about our team and being ready to play. Coach Smith has done an excellent job preparing our team but not that day,we were flat. I don't expect us to come out flat this week and if our young players didn't grasp the importance of the Denver game I can guarantee you they understand this week. I like Coach Smith's decision to wear all black , I think this will have a positive mental impact on the players, I know it would for me.

To the game....The one name that keeps running through my mind is Julius Peppers and how do we stop him and if we do at what expense to our run game. It's sad that Baker isn't healthy I would have liked to seen the match up. Weiner I know you will give it your all but you have a bad wheel and you're going to need help. There are many scenarios we can use, rushing four we can double team. Chip block out of the back field, give them a heavy dose of Ovie and finally roll Ryan away from Peppers when possible. I would run at Peppers the enitre game wherever he lines up and maybe we can get him to bite on a play action pass for a game breaker.

Next task at hand stopping Smith and Muhammad this one I hope is a bit easier with Grimes not covering Mushin. Let Foxworth cover Smith and Houston cover Muhammad. I would play a cover 2 and tell Milloy and Coles to be very physical especially with Smith. He has a tendency to take some plays off after a big hit.

Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Hmmm we have played well except for last week against some pretty good running backs. We have to get penetration with our defensive line and of course stack the box . Just keep them between the 20's limit the big play but penetration is the key.

Jake Delhomme two words John Abraham I will not be satisfied until I see Jake throw the ball on the ground and yelling on the side lines.

Closing remarks I think Atlanta is a better team than 6-4 and I strongly believe Carolina is nowhere near as good as their 8-2 record suggests. Playing in the dome and catching the Panthers playing poorly will help us a lot . I see us winning this game and here is to 7-4 and a playoff spot (did I really just type that).

Atlanta 24-17

Four weeks ago if you would have told me that we would keep Brees and the Saints out of the end zone until the 3rd quarter but Denver would shred our Defense with a bunch of back ups, I wouldn't have believed you. Well it happened, so before I embark on my road trip to the Dome for imo the game of the year, against a division rival, and the game that will most likely determine our fate concerning the playoffs. I realize folks it doesn't get any bigger than this for us.

Let me digress back to the Denver game just for a moment. Whatever the reason, there was something not right about our team and being ready to play. Coach Smith has done an excellent job preparing our team but not that day,we were flat. I don't expect us to come out flat this week and if our young players didn't grasp the importance of the Denver game I can guarantee you they understand this week. I like Coach Smith's decision to wear all black , I think this will have a positive mental impact on the players, I know it would for me.

To the game....The one name that keeps running through my mind is Julius Peppers and how do we stop him and if we do at what expense to our run game. It's sad that Baker isn't healthy I would have liked to seen the match up. Weiner I know you will give it your all but you have a bad wheel and you're going to need help. There are many scenarios we can use, rushing four we can double team. Chip block out of the back field, give them a heavy dose of Ovie and finally roll Ryan away from Peppers when possible. I would run at Peppers the enitre game wherever he lines up and maybe we can get him to bite on a play action pass for a game breaker.

Next task at hand stopping Smith and Muhammad this one I hope is a bit easier with Grimes not covering Mushin. Let Foxworth cover Smith and Houston cover Muhammad. I would play a cover 2 and tell Milloy and Coles to be very physical especially with Smith. He has a tendency to take some plays off after a big hit.

Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Hmmm we have played well except for last week against some pretty good running backs. We have to get penetration with our defensive line and of course stack the box . Just keep them between the 20's limit the big play but penetration is the key.

Jake Delhomme two words John Abraham I will not be satisfied until I see Jake throw the ball on the ground and yelling on the side lines.

Closing remarks I think Atlanta is a better team than 6-4 and I strongly believe Carolina is nowhere near as good as their 8-2 record suggests. Playing in the dome and catching the Panthers playing poorly will help us a lot . I see us winning this game and here is to 7-4 and a playoff spot (did I really just type that).

Atlanta 24-17

So, basically your plan is to run at the big side of our line (285 and 350) plus Thomas Davis and John Beason instead of attacking the smaller side (275 and 300) backed up by Nail Diggs? :huh: Good luck with that.

Okay, I'm sorry but I really have to take exception to this. This the the kind of stuff people we're saying earlier in the week and I respectfully disagree. I've been a Falcon's fan for over 40 years and I've seen some shreddings. What happened Sunday was NOT a shredding by any stretch. We controlled the first half of the game and held a very high powered offense in check for the most part. It was a tight game we were in position to win. I didn't think we were particularly flat either, Roddy maybe, but I thought the rest of the team looked pretty sharp. People were also saying Ryan looked like a rookie but I've rewatched the game twice this week and I don't see that either. That was a tough game between 2 playoff caliber teams.