PS3 review after 1 month

After a month with my new PS3, I can honestly say that I'm very happy! Blue-Ray movies look great on my 42" LCD HDtv, as do the games. The graphics are incredible. The fact that I can surf the net is an added bonus when my girl friend is hogging my computer, and when Sony comes out with it's special keyboard ($50.00) at the end of November, it will make it much more user friendly to do that. I also like the fact that I can download game demos for free and try them out before possibly purchasing. Cool!

I'm hooked up with HDMI and digital audio for 5.1 surround sound. It's awesome! I also invested in some wireless headphones for when my GF is sleeping and I wanna game. Gotta keep the peace, ya know.

I've yet to explore all of the possibilities of using it as a media hub, but that's for later.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase! :)

You can use any USB or bluetooth keyboard with the PS3. I think the keyboard Sony is releasing for the controller is overpriced.

I have a USB keyboard that I got back in 2000 hooked up to my unit. If you want wireless though, a bluetooth full-size keyboard will work fine.

It's been a month already since that thread? Glad you're enjoying it. I wish I could say the same. Still waiting on some games. What game(s) do you like?

Get Resistance 2, get LittleBigPlanet, get Warhawk, get Metal Gear Solid 4, get Call of Duty: World at War, get Rock Band 2, get WipEout HD, get Uncharted, get Madden 09, get MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, get Gran Turismo 5: Prologue...

If I keep going the post would explode in size. ;)

I personally own 20 PS3 games now, which is already just a few titles shy than the amount of games I owned on PS2 throughout its entire life cycle.

It's been a month already since that thread? Glad you're enjoying it. I wish I could say the same. Still waiting on some games. What game(s) do you like?

My fav right now (on demo) is MotoStorm Pacific Rift. The wrecks on a dirt bike are more fun than the racing! :lol:

You can use any USB or bluetooth keyboard with the PS3. I think the keyboard Sony is releasing for the controller is overpriced.

I have a USB keyboard that I got back in 2000 hooked up to my unit. If you want wireless though, a bluetooth full-size keyboard will work fine.

Yeah, it may be overpriced and it is very small. Come to think of it, a full sized wireless job would be better. Where would I find a bluetooth keyboard that you speak of, my friend?

how do i own more games than Womfalcs the living PS3 god? i just counted and i have 29 games (more including downloaded stuff).

hey wom, when is PS Home coming out?

I play a smaller amount of games a lot, but don't play a lot of games. Plus, the 20 figure I posted accounts for the downloaded games I've bought. :lol:

For example, I've played Warhawk for 102 hours now. Resistance: Fall of Man was played for 350 hours. Grand Theft Auto IV was played for 90 hours, and so on.

Just over the past two days, 100,000's of PS3 owners were given access to PlayStation Home.

Sony still suggests it will be open to all before the year is over.

My fav right now (on demo) is MotoStorm Pacific Rift. The wrecks on a dirt bike are more fun than the racing! :lol:

Yeah, it may be overpriced and it is very small. Come to think of it, a full sized wireless job would be better. Where would I find a bluetooth keyboard that you speak of, my friend?

The MotorStorm: Pacific Rift demo was the game at 80% complete even. The final game looks better, as shown in the following review:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41871.html

Bluetooth keyboards can be found anywhere electronics are sold. Best Buy, Circuit City, Amazon, etc.. They can be expensive, but they're more convenient.

Here is one that comes with a touchpad. You can find generic ones for 30 dollars.

i got the day off today so i went shopping and picked up Little Big Planet.

only played less than an hour, but it's a very cool game so far. kind of confused with the level creation stuff so far. and i got my GF to play with me, which is rare (jeopardy is the only other game she's played).

i got the day off today so i went shopping and picked up Little Big Planet.

only played less than an hour, but it's a very cool game so far. kind of confused with the level creation stuff so far. and i got my GF to play with me, which is rare (jeopardy is the only other game she's played).

Did you get the free Thanksgiving costume?

turkeyhead.jpg

Did you get the free Thanksgiving costume?

turkeyhead.jpg

nah, is that on the PSN store?

this game is so cool. very creative and a refreshing change of pace from shooting folks in the face in Fallout, COD, SOCOM, battlefield, etc...

have you published a level yet? i'm almost done with a level i made and i'm thinking about publishing it after i polish it a little bit.

nah, is that on the PSN store?

this game is so cool. very creative and a refreshing change of pace from shooting folks in the face in Fallout, COD, SOCOM, battlefield, etc...

have you published a level yet? i'm almost done with a level i made and i'm thinking about publishing it after i polish it a little bit.

They have a good amount of content for LBP on the PS Store (free and not).

I still haven't beaten the single-player (because I can't get past certain levels :lol: ), but I love playing other people's levels. I still haven't published one. I started on one, but time has been scarce lately.

I don't want to publish for the sake of publishing. I want it to be cool.

My GF asked me what I wanted for Xmas, to which I replied; "MotorStorm Pacific Rift, baby!" Rated "T" for Teen, and I'm 56! :lol: I'm still having more fun than a barrel of monkeys with the demo. I somehow finished 1st on the bike last night. Next race was 16th, my usual place,...dead last! B) Tooooo much fun!

My local GameStop wants $59.99 + tax for the game. I've seen them go for about $45.00 + free shipping on ebay. Ho ho ho!