To you fans from another city or state

TonyGonzotim2

I currently live in the Boston area but was born in Marietta. I didn't live in Georgia long enough to support the teams (moved when I was about 5) but always had an amazing connection to the city. My dad raised me to like the Braves, and because of that I always felt connected to Atlanta sports. I'm a diehard Falcons, Braves, Thrashers, and Hawks fan in the heart of Celtics, Sox, Pats, and Bruins country.

Also I want to reiterate what socal dirtybirdz said. You have no idea how lucky some of you are to see them play 8 times a year. Appreciate it. I haven't missed a falcons game in over 6 years and couldn't be a bigger fan, but I've only been to the Dome 3 times in my life.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For you fans of the falcons that have no ties to the atlanta area or even georgia what made u choose the falcons as your favorite team? not to disrespect you or MY falcons but there are plenty of other teams to cheer for just curious to why u love the falcons?

Basketball was my first love in the fifth grade (circa 1985 - yeah I am old school). I began playing that year and decided I needed a favorite team. It was basically an open audition. My dad and I went to a 76ers/Hawks game one evening (notice my location...about 60 minutes from Philly). Dominique crushed the 76ers for 35 or something like that and he dunked and went nuts. Typical Nique. That's where my Hawks love started. Then, when I got into other sports, I simply adopted the Falcons and Braves. Now I would say that the Falcons are #1 and the Hawks are #1a, withe the Braves at #2 and the Thrashers at #3. The nice thing is that everyone up here kinda roots for me and the Falcs because they aren't really hated like the Cowboys or Ravens, etc. People think it is kind of funny to see me going nuts over the Falcons.

I am glad I stayed with one city of teams. I have buddies who are fans of the Penguins, Bulls, Giants, and Yankees. All the teams with 1990s championships. That is Bush League fandom.

I love my ATL teams. Go Falcons!

For you fans of the falcons that have no ties to the atlanta area or even georgia what made u choose the falcons as your favorite team? not to disrespect you or MY falcons but there are plenty of other teams to cheer for just curious to why u love the falcons?

My bro made me play him in madden and the Falcons were the first team so i picked em. Then i watched a game of theirs a day later and the rest is history.

My best friend moved from Graz (Austria) to ATL in 1998 because of her fathers job ... I spend my holidays in ATL for years and got to love the teams from the area ... also my gf went to college in Georgia, so no obvious ties, but the love for Falcons and Braves is huge. ;)

i live in maryland,i liked dallas as a kid around 5th grade but thats just cuz they were good im sure i hate dallas now, i wasent that into football around 98 but i started to like jamal anderson that year from the highlights and wanted them to beat the vikings and win the super bowl then i started around 2002 seeing vick highlights on espnnews i didnt watch to much football around then i saw his highlights and i have never seen sum1 play that way so thats where it started in 98 or 2002 then it just kept growing i dont think ill ever switch to another team even if we go 0-16 last year was pretty hard but i knew it could be turned around.