To you fans from another city or state

TonyGonzotim2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For you fans of the falcons that have no ties to the atlanta area or even georgia what made u choose the falcons as your favorite team? not to disrespect you or MY falcons but there are plenty of other teams to cheer for just curious to why u love the falcons?

when i was a kid i just remember seeing them on TV and i liked the colors and the logo and it just stuck from there....that was probably when i was 6 or so...i am 28 now and live in iowa

when i was a kid i just remember seeing them on TV and i liked the colors and the logo and it just stuck from there....that was probably when i was 6 or so...i am 28 now and live in iowa

im going to have to go with this. although i haven't been a fan for as long. and also a certain someone was a part of why I become a falcon fan. but im a fan of the falcons through good times and bad times

For you fans of the falcons that have no ties to the atlanta area or even georgia what made u choose the falcons as your favorite team? not to disrespect you or MY falcons but there are plenty of other teams to cheer for just curious to why u love the falcons?

I'm from Utah and 28 years old. My grandparents went on a church mission to Atlanta in 1991. They served at a temple in Sandy Springs and lived in Roswell. My family and I visited them while they were there, and for no clear reason Atlanta became my favorite city almost instantly. I just really liked being there.

The Hawks haven't overtaken the Utah Jazz as my favorite basketball team (the Hawks are a distant second), but in every major sport I'll root for any team with Atlanta on their uniform/jersey. I don't even like hockey but still hope for the Thrashers to have success. The Braves have generally been far and away my favorite Atlanta team, but football has really become my favorite sport as of late. It helps that all of the Falcons colors in their scheme (black, white, silver, red) are my favorite colors.

Denver has the nearest NFL team to where I live, so there are plenty of Broncos fans around me. Needless to say, I really wished the Falcons would have won this past week. In 2003 I went to Denver to see the Braves play at Coors Field. I went to two of the games and the Braves won both. In the first game Chipper Jones hit a towering homerun into the upper deck.

Unfortunately, I don't get to see many Falcons games where I live. It sure was nice when the Braves were on TBS.

The same except I am 26 and live in New York.

I also recall seeing a Billy Joe Tolliver hail mary against the 49ers. That was awesome.

Well at first my fave team was the Jets. But then a friend of mines picked the Falcons against me on Madden 04. And I was amazed, becuase I thought it was impossible for a QB to outrun the D like that{I was a rookie NFL fan}. Then I tried out the Falcons and I really liked the team..and i started following the team more.

Then on the 04 draft the 1st player I ever saw get drafted was by the Atlanta Falcons. And since then I started respecting the sport, and tried actually playing the sport. And this player I saw get drafted inspired me to play CB. So i tried out for the football team.

And, I really dont know where I'll be in life if it wasn't for football.

All my friends are Jet fans, I'm the only Falcon fan. I dont know any other Falcon fans personally. But I love this team, and I'll always stay loyal.

Ive been a falcons fan since 2001. One of my boys (who was a big COWBOY FAN) asked me, "who's your team?" i said, "I don't know i kinda like a lot of different teams." Then he said, "Man you need to have 1 team so you can represent them with pride and not be one of those fans who jumps ship only when that team is winning." SO i thought about it, then told him The Atlanta Falcons.. He then asked why? I told him i really liked Vick in college and he went number 1 in the draft, I also like the Falcons color scheme. So from that day on i stuck with the falcons. Through thick and thin i will always represent the falcons. From California the state with 3 football teams to choose from, i choose the Atlanta Falcons. I believe football is like a puzzle you need all the pieces in order to succeed.

This may or may not account towards me...I live in Cali, unfortunately, right now. I was raised in a very small town much like the South...we grew up sayin y'all. My family has been in Atlanta (Decatur and now Stone Mountain) for the last 10 years. I go down south every chance I get to see them. While I was there....I fell in love with the Falcons. I want to take my kids and move to Atlanta so badly but can't leave Cali at this time (complicated). I miss my family every day and wish I could be at the games with y'all. I bought NFL Sunday Ticket so I could watch every game for the last 4 years. One day I will be with my family and...my chldren and I will live there, I hope. Until then....I am your DIE HARD fan out here in Cali.

I love my family and the Birds!!!! Cheer and scream for me guys....I will be all the way out here until I can be with you.....GO FALCONS!!!!!!

i would like to tell you some deep and meaningful story here, but it is really simple and kinda dumb. When i was a kid (12 yrs old) i remember watching football ......my dad was a dolphins fan because he like marino...for some reason until this point i was a redskins fan.....i was just watching one day and i saw the falcons score the first td in the georgia dome.......i just happened to flip the channel there right on that play.......and the crowd went nuts..........i watched the rest of the game.......loved the sprit of the team....................was a fan ever since.......they just had something that made me love em...no other team in the world that has it

sad side note............... from 1997 through probably 2002 I was away from football alltogether......i was "sidetracked" for a while there......so i missed the superbowl year..................correction,,,,,i missed our FIRST superbowl year.......i know that when we win ill probably cry like a baby.......and i have a pretty good guess as to who will be the qb and coach when it happens........

can anyone locate a video of that first td in the georgia dome???? it would be really cool to see again

I now live in louisville ky, so I have the bengals, Browns, Rams, Bears and titans around me close that i can cheer for and would probably be closer. Anyway heres my story. I grew up in Texas and my dad got tix to the Cowboys Falcons NFC championship game. I will never understand why, but with all of his friends begging him togo he took me instead. I was wearing a falcons t shirt because it was the only nfl shirt I had. Some drunk cowboy fans made a half joke about me needing to take it off, keepin mind my dad was always a cowboys fan, and he told them if they could take it off they were welcome to try. They mouthed off a little more and kept going on their way, but right there my Father always told me to show pride, even in tough situations, and not to back down. From that moment I have been a Falcons fan.

This probably seems pretty benign, but an english guys gotta pick a team somehow, so basicly the first season i started watching (think it mite have been the conference championship season) the first game i saw was the 49ers against this team called the falcons. Now im also a fan of rugby and the local team i support is called....... the newcastle falcons so it just kinda made sense to root for the falcons and ive been a loyal fan ever since.

A number of reaosns:-

- When I became a fan in the mid 80's the Falcons had the only british player in the NFL (Mick Luckhurst).

- They shared the same colours as my favouite football (soccer) team.

- Us Brits always support the underdog, and in the 80's there were no bigger underdogs that the Falcons (except the Bucs - but they had those horrid tangerine uniforms and gay pirate logo, so I steered clear of them).

I'm 29 and have lived in Indiana my whole life. I grew up on the IN/OH state line so everyone around me was either Colts, Bears, Browns or Bengals fans. I wanted a team no one else rooted for. So I jumped on the bandwagon during the 1990 season around the age of 10-11. It's grown ever since and have stuck by my team no matter what.

When i was a kid in Temple Hills, MD i had These old tapes that moms used to have from the 70's and the late 80's. and i had this board game called NFL instant Replay and i saw how this guy on the saints got smothered by the GritsBlitz and i was like WOW. They were vicious and angry and i like that intensity. I also looked up to deion for a while When I saw Vintage VCR tapes of him being drafted by atlanta. The last year they had their Red Helmets. then 97 came around and i saw them play and i been stuck with the team ever since. Im almost 20 now and i been a Falcon Fan for 13 years.

Grew up in L.A. in the 70's...........all the guys I played football with were "Raider" fans one week, then they were "Dolphin" fans the next, and a few weeks later they were wearing "Cowboy" gear. It made me laugh they were always picking the hot team. I chose a team I knew no one else liked and I made it clear they were my team. It was very hard to buy anything "Falcon" in L.A. in the 70's but I managed. 30 (frustrating) years later, people still know from my past that I have never given up on them. In fact, my father in law once asked me "Why don't you drop those losers and go with a real team" My answer: If you would like me to live my life leaving a passion when things go south, that could one day be your daughter".........He now appriciates my passion for this team.......and he has never questioned it since that day................Daughter is a Falcon fan and my son is a Bucs fan (don't ask)............................

I'm from Columbus, Ohio and when I was 8 or 9 (sometime around 1971) he dragged me over to one of his friend's house so they could drink up and we could all watch the Browns vs the Falcons. I was bored because his friend's son Marcus was the most irritating kid I knew and pretty ticked off for having to sit there and deal with him (I couldn't go out and there was nothing to play with). So I started secretly rooting for the Birds to win to ruin their day the way mine was now shot and guess what happened? Fourth quarter comeback and I've been a fan ever since.

I only know one other Falcons fan in central Ohio although I see a Vick or Jam jerseys every once in a while.

I grew up and live in asheville NC and am 28 years old, didnt get the Panthers here in NC until I was sixteen years old. My grandfather lived in Atlanta, so when we would visit we would go to Fulton County Stadium and see games. I remember getting Deion Sanders autograph right before the game wen they faced Boomer and the Bengals. We won the toss and Deion received the kick. He not only receved it, he caught the kickoff with one hand and ran it 80 some yards for a touchdown. THats when I got the fever. When we got the panties my whole family converted except for me, GO FALCONS BEAT THOSE PANTIES!

Because my father took me to my first pro football game in Fulton County Stadium in 1975, Falcons vs. Jets, and I was hooked ever since. In 1984, when I graduated High School, I bought my first Season Tickets, and I've been driving the 400 miles round trip ever since.

I was happy for Charlotte getting a franchise until it became clear they would be in the NFC West (at the time) with us, because first and foremost, they knocked my team off the TV coverage. If the Panthers had been put in the AFC, I probably would be happy to pull for them "on the side" like I do the Steelers. But as a rival, I despise them always.

Due to the many traitiors that grew up falcon fans that shunned us to jump on the newly arrived panthers, I have grown a severe hatred for them and the team. I can understand younger people growing up panther fans since the NFL forces regional loyalty by its marketing strategies and tv contracts, but I just cannot abandon a love for the team I have bled for all my life. PERIOD. End of story!

Once a Falcon fan, Always a Falcons fan. To the day I absolutely die!

To be completely honest it was Mike Vick.

The year they drafted him was the first year I started to branch out from the CFL.

Can't say I think much of him as a person now, but I guess I have him to thank for getting me attached to this team. He was one exciting player to watch.

Luckily since then I've become a "Falcons" fan instead of just a Vick fan.