Isn't it time we brought the red helmets back?

Swami57

Are there any other long time fans like me out there that think it's time to bring the red helmets back? Tommy Nobis never wore a black hat, neither did Steve Bartkowski, Gerald Riggs or the Gritz Blitz. The black helmets are the legacy of Jerry Glanville who coached Atlanta from 1990 to 1993 and had one winning season. His biggest claims to fame were his penchant for wearing black and his habit of leaving tickets at will-call for the ghost of Elvis. While Glanville was an outstanding defensive coordinator, he was a lousy head coach and his fashion sense was even worse.

9585598501.jpg

Are there any other long time fans like me out there that think it's time to bring the red helmets back? Tommy Nobis never wore a black hat, neither did Steve Bartkowski, Gerald Riggs or the Gritz Blitz. The black helmets are the legacy of Jerry Glanville who coached Atlanta from 1990 to 1993 and had one winning season. His biggest claims to fame were his penchant for wearing black and his habit of leaving tickets at will-call for the ghost of Elvis. While Glanville was an outstanding defensive coordinator, he was a lousy head coach and his fashion sense was even worse.

9585598501.jpg

Great summation of the past. I like the red helmets possibly for nostalgic purposes. Are there any photoshop wizards out there who can place the current Falcons logo on the red helmet with a black facemask and get rid of the stripes?

9585598501.jpg

I say be careful what you say about coach Glanville, he was well liked around these parts.

I say be careful what you say about coach Glanville, he was well liked around these parts.

Agreed have come up missing for less than that around here....don't....DON'T bad mouth Glanville!

He was an excellent head coach, just remember stat count and wins/losses don't always tell the truth.

Man was an icon and a leader who demanded the respect of the players who played for him, and got it!