Crawford Traded For Harrington

tdot falcon

Knicks president Donnie Walsh is within hours of announcing a deal for Al Harrington that is expected to include Jamal Crawford, according to the New York Post.

The move is geared more to getting under the salary cap for 2010 than to help the present.

There were earlier reports that the deal could have included Malik Rose for Harrington.

"It's a whole new regime," said Crawford on Friday morning. "You can't take stuff like this personally. I got to be professional and not take it personal.

"I'll be closer to home. It wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be disappointing. When things were bad, I was there. I wanted to be there when things got good."

After dealing Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington, the Knicks are working on a trade that would land Zach Randolph in Dallas.

Jerry Stackhouse has expressed a desire to be traded but his contract is half the value of Randolph's deal.

Unless another player is thrown into the trade, there is a possibility that the Knicks will recruit a third team to make the Randolph deal work.

The Clippers, however, are still hoping to acquire Randolph for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.