Am I the only one who doesn't care who picks us to win?

BankerBird™

Hey, no offense, but there are a lot of "[insert name here] picks us to win" threads popping up lately, and that's cool. But, personally, I couldn't care less who does or doesn't pick us. The game still has to be played on the field and that's where the players, not the prognosticators, come in. Some "swami" telling me the Falcons are going to win doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'd much rather see the Falcons determine their own fate by kicking the Panties in the *** come Sunday.

The Falcons always determine their own fate. We also always look at the picks - just the nature of the fan. It's fun to yell - shove that Carter - when we win - you know.

Like I said, "no offense". It just seems that some of us put a lot weight into these picks as if they'll actually have some bearing on the outcome. I have yet to see Dr. Z line up at SS.

Like I said, "no offense". It just seems that some of us put a lot weight into these picks as if they'll actually have some bearing on the outcome. I have yet to see Dr. Z line up at SS.

Personally, I take them for what they are worth. If there was a guy there with 159-0-1, then I'd put some real true weight on his picks. Otherwise, it's fun to defend your team when they put them down and relish the respect when they pick you. They never have bearing on the game.

Now, on the other hand, if I could find out who the officiating crew was betting on - I'd feel better. :D

Hey, no offense, but there are a lot of "[insert name here] picks us to win" threads popping up lately, and that's cool. But, personally, I couldn't care less who does or doesn't pick us. The game still has to be played on the field and that's where the players, not the prognosticators, come in. Some "swami" telling me the Falcons are going to win doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'd much rather see the Falcons determine their own fate by kicking the Panties in the *** come Sunday.

I've never cared what the so called experts predicted.

Flip the coin and kick it!

Actually, I like it when we are the underdog this year, just like what happened the year we went to the Super Bowl, no one expects us to win. We seem to do better as the underdog (last year as exception - we WERE the underdog & with good reason). I like for the other teams to underestimate us, too. That way when we win, everyone is so surprised they give us props...

I couldn't agree more Banker...excellent points/post!!!