Tech fans coming out of the woodwork around here

jdu00743

I like it, I hope the UGA-GT game becomes a rivalry again. It used to be such a good one. A lot of the older UGA fans will always consider GT to be their biggest rival by far. Old UT fans are the same way about Alabama, so I respect it.

Mark Richt has really done a great job against Tech. I'm just hoping for a good game next week.

I like it, I hope the UGA-GT game becomes a rivalry again. It used to be such a good one. A lot of the older UGA fans will always consider GT to be their biggest rival by far. Old UT fans are the same way about Alabama, so I respect it.

Mark Richt has really done a great job against Tech. I'm just hoping for a good game next week.

I find it funny that Alabama still has Georgia Tech in their fight song :

"Yea, Alabama!"

Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!

Every 'Bama man's behind you;

Hit your stride!

Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,

Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!

And if a man starts to weaken,

That's a shame!

For 'Bama's pluck and grit

Have writ her name in crimson flame!

Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!

Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!

Go, roll to victory,

Hit your stride,

You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!

It's like it was a couple of years ago when Georgia was struggling and Tech was on fire...Georgia still won and ended with a better record. I haven't seen that "now_or_never" guy since.

Can't argue with ya there, UGA won fair and square. But why wouldn't Tech fans have confidence in their team, especially that year? We gotta believe! That there proves anything can happen in this game any year.

It's like it was a couple of years ago when Georgia was struggling and Tech was on fire...Georgia still won and ended with a better record. I haven't seen that "now_or_never" guy since.

I remember that. we were 7-4 and they were heading to the acc title game and it was a given uga would lose.. yeah tell that to momass and a true frosh names stafford..

This game is so huge for both teams. IMO, for UGA, the difference between a 10-2 year (with a possible finish in the top 6 or 7 if they win the bowl game) and a 9-3 year with a loss to Tech is pretty drastic. I am not saying Richt would be on the hot seat, but UGA fans would start getting restless...Whether it's warranted, or not.

Same goes for Tech. I think 9-3 would be a great year for them, and if they beat UGA, they are really going to jump on the national scene. 8-4 would probably still be seen as a "success" relative to what was expected for Johnson in his 1st year, but expectations would be very high for next year if they beat UGA.

This game is so huge for both teams. IMO, for UGA, the difference between a 10-2 year (with a possible finish in the top 6 or 7 if they win the bowl game) and a 9-3 year with a loss to Tech is pretty drastic. I am not saying Richt would be on the hot seat, but UGA fans would start getting restless...Whether it's warranted, or not.

Same goes for Tech. I think 9-3 would be a great year for them, and if they beat UGA, they are really going to jump on the national scene. 8-4 would probably still be seen as a "success" relative to what was expected for Johnson in his 1st year, but expectations would be very high for next year if they beat UGA.

agreed.. it's very big for both, but not the richt factor as you commented on.. i think it's big for momentum going into next season.. we finish up strong and end up 11-2 and top 10 it will set us up very well next year.. right now tech fans already see what johnson has done as a big success.. if they can beat uga it takes the success to a different level.

GT beat UGA several years in a row when Donnan was there. He got fired after losing 3 years in a row and Ritch got hired. UGA fans seemed to multiply when Ritch started winning. GT then lost O'Leary and got Gailey. Ritch beat Gailey for 7 years. Gailey got fired.

Coaching is huge. We can see it in the Falcons this year. Donnan was awful; and Gailey was GT's Donnan. The only difference is that GT let Gailey stay around for 7 years of losing to UGA; compared to UGA letting Donnan only stay for 3 years of losing to GT.

This is a new era with two good coaches. I expect it to be a lot more back and forth over the next several years.

GT beat UGA several years in a row when Donnan was there. He got fired after losing 3 years in a row and Ritch got hired. UGA fans seemed to multiply when Ritch started winning. GT then lost O'Leary and got Gailey. Ritch beat Gailey for 7 years. Gailey got fired.

Coaching is huge. We can see it in the Falcons this year. Donnan was awful; and Gailey was GT's Donnan. The only difference is that GT let Gailey stay around for 7 years of losing to UGA; compared to UGA letting Donnan only stay for 3 years of losing to GT.

This is a new era with two good coaches. I expect it to be a lot more back and forth over the next several years.

GT beat uga with players who weren't academically eligible.. they had to vacate their wins against uga in that time period which would have meant 17 straight wins for uga.. however gt went back and cried about how it's not fair because they couldn't figure out how to determine eligible playes (crap they cheated and they know it) and gave a nice donation and the ncaa let them claim those wins out of pity and $$$..

GT beat uga with players who weren't academically eligible.. they had to vacate their wins against uga in that time period which would have meant 17 straight wins for uga.. however gt went back and cried about how it's not fair because they couldn't figure out how to determine eligible playes (crap they cheated and they know it) and gave a nice donation and the ncaa let them claim those wins out of pity and $$$..

wow!!! thought id never see the way dogs fans would cry over losses.

why cant you just take the lost???this was how many years ago..

I hope we beat them down (although I doubt it) so they can conveniently buzz back to their hives and hibernate for about another 364 days until they get giddy with hope again.

I hope we beat them down (although I doubt it) so they can conveniently buzz back to their hives and hibernate for about another 364 days until they get giddy with hope again.

As many times as ive sat on the sidelines (literally) watching Bobo, Hines Ward, Erik Ziere (sp?) beat on my jackets, I need a few wins in the rivalry to boast my spirits. I remember one of those games like it was yesterday. Tech had made a huge comeback at bobby dodd. Hines Ward was at UGA and champ bailey. I left the sideliens to go into the locker room before the field was rushed (I was so little I would have been trambled). All I could hear was moans and groans so I found a way to get a peak at what was going on in the last 2 mins of that game. Only to see (I think it was bailey) catch the game winning TD to break our hearts.

Article of the game im talkin about.. I think Bailey caught a huge pass before the game winner to get UGA within 1 score..This is the game winning drive snippit.

65 Yards: UGA vs. Ga. Tech, Nov. 29, 1997, in Atlanta

Down 24-21 with :48 left in the game, QB Mike Bobo engineered a four-play, 65-yard game-winning drive in 40 seconds. Bobo hit WR Corey Allen with an eight-yard TD pass with :08 to play. Two-point conversion attempt failed. Final: Georgia 27, Georgia Tech 24.

Recap

We had a pick that would have won the game negated on a call. That was the moans I heard that drew my attention. I saw it later on TV. I still hate Bailey and Ward to this day.. And bobo for that matter. Heart break city.

As many times as ive sat on the sidelines (literally) watching Bobo, Hines Ward, Erik Ziere (sp?) beat on my jackets, I need a few wins in the rivalry to boast my spirits. I remember one of those games like it was yesterday. Tech had made a huge comeback at bobby dodd. Hines Ward was at UGA and champ bailey. I left the sideliens to go into the locker room before the field was rushed (I was so little I would have been trambled). All I could hear was moans and groans so I found a way to get a peak at what was going on in the last 2 mins of that game. Only to see (I think it was bailey) catch the game winning TD to break our hearts.

Article of the game im talkin about.. I think Bailey caught a huge pass before the game winner to get UGA within 1 score..This is the game winning drive snippit.

65 Yards: UGA vs. Ga. Tech, Nov. 29, 1997, in Atlanta

Down 24-21 with :48 left in the game, QB Mike Bobo engineered a four-play, 65-yard game-winning drive in 40 seconds. Bobo hit WR Corey Allen with an eight-yard TD pass with :08 to play. Two-point conversion attempt failed. Final: Georgia 27, Georgia Tech 24.

Recap

We had a pick that would have won the game negated on a call. That was the moans I heard that drew my attention. I saw it later on TV. I still hate Bailey and Ward to this day.. And bobo for that matter. Heart break city.

I remember that one well my brother!

B)

To be fair though...I also remember being at the game in Atlanta in '99...and I'm still angry thinking about it!

and I was in the stands in '00 when you guys HAMMERED US! I think that's when you had Dez White and Kelly Campbell and we just couldn't stop 'em.

I remember that one well my brother!

I remember Ward crying and everything. It was rediculous the way that one ended. I just knew we had won that game, and then it was stolen from me. I dont think I ever forgave Bailey for his long catch before the interception (that was negated).. Ward had a big day that game, but I have liked his play in the NFL recently. I hated him for his first 5 seasons at least, but now I like the guy.

I also have vivid memories of us knocking Bobo (i believe) out of the game in Athens one year. It may havfe been the year after, in '98.. Looking back at all of the great rivalry games is my favorite part of this time of the year. Even though they are mostly bad, we still had some nice wins in there somewhere (;))..