GAME SOLD OUT!

crankdatfalcon

For all you posters who have not figured it out yet, whenever they say the game is sold out this year it means Arthur Blank got a bunch of sponsers to buy up remaining tickets so that game wont be blacked out. So, be prepared to see plenty of empty seats at the dome Sunday.

And another thing for all you who haven't figured it out yet, if this guy won the lottery he would complain about paying taxes. .

For all you posters who have not figured it out yet, whenever they say the game is sold out this year it means Arthur Blank got a bunch of sponsers to buy up remaining tickets so that game wont be blacked out. So, be prepared to see plenty of empty seats at the dome Sunday.

actually no, thats not the case in every situation. last game, they announced numerous players who bought tickets to give to kids and others to come to the game..there were alot of high school teams in attendence last game, so its not always sponsers.

Also, when sponsors "buy out" the tickets - they don't buy them out - they guarantee the unsold tickets. For the last 3 games, I went on the ticket master site and tried to buy 1 ticket any available and none were available. Those weren't sponsor sell-outs. The tickets were gone.

Not quite.

Whenever they announce a game being sold out AFTER the deadline, (72 hours prior to kickoff), then you have a situation that you are describing as the NFL gives teams a little wiggle room so they can work a last minute deal.

Last week for example the news that the game was sold out came out AFTER 1:00 PM Thursday.

Today, the deadline would be at 4:00 PM.

The good news is that it looks like it's a true sell out and you won't be seeing as many empty seats. The bad news is that they will most likely be occupied by Panther's fans.

Falcons-Panthers game sold out

By STAFF REPORTS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Falcons’ game Sunday against Carolina is sold out and will be televised locally, according to the team.

The NFL moved the Falcons-Panthers game to a 4:15 p.m. start to be a part of Fox’s national doubleheader.

YOU GUYS GET EXCITED ABOUT A FRIGGIN SELLOUT. SHOULDN'T ALL NFL TEAMS HAVE SELLOUTS GIVEN FOOTBALL IS THE #1 SPORT IN AMERICA? GEEZ, UNLESS YOU'RE THE LIONS

you all really believe someone would pay $55+ dollars and then waste it by not even showing up for the game? You think thats why we have so many empty seats? I don't buy it.

Maybe not, but someone did :lol:

Seriously, there are many reasons people don't show up. You have scalpers who purchase and then resell the tickets. There is a guy who has 6 seats 2 rows down from me. He has season tickets. His wife recently had a baby and he missed 3 games. People may not be able to resell the tickets. Corporations purchase tickets in lots for customers or employees and don't always distribute them.

It happens all the time. I don't care, personally. I show up and I have a great time. I'll be purchasing my ST as long as I can afford them, so it doesn't matter to me.

When a Sponsor "guarantees" the tickets to prevent a black-out - they will announce that and they don't pick up the tickets until the deadline is reached. Therefore, there are still tickets available when you go to purchase - right up until the deadline. In the past 3 weeks, no tickets have been available 2 - 3 days prior to the deadline. That's a true sell-out. That does not mean that there won't be empty seats. Always are, for many reasons.

you all really believe someone would pay $55+ dollars and then waste it by not even showing up for the game? You think thats why we have so many empty seats? I don't buy it.

Actually, most posters are smart enough to understand that many empty seats are season ticket holders who don't make it.

Of course, most of are smart enough not to count empty seats at the beginning of the game either.

Oh, how do I know? I go to every game.

YOU GUYS GET EXCITED ABOUT A FRIGGIN SELLOUT. SHOULDN'T ALL NFL TEAMS HAVE SELLOUTS GIVEN FOOTBALL IS THE #1 SPORT IN AMERICA? GEEZ, UNLESS YOU'RE THE LIONS

LMAO, I can' tell you how many Panties game's I've seen where there are 3 empty baby blue seats between each fan there.

...and you get off typing in all CAPS and making absolutely no valid arguments on a rival teams message board.. congrats on being a loser. By the way, most NFL teams are having a hard time selling out and filling all seats this year.. :rolleyes:

Panther fans complained about people not showing up and leaving early for years...

Even when they were winning.

A hypocritical Panther fan? Nooooo.... I don't believe it!

debbie_downer.jpg

there will be 10,000 empty seats, guaranteed,most of the people in atlanta dont even care about the falcons anymore cause that idiot whos name i will not mention :angry:

not to split hairs but did you see the Hawks game last night? Its got more to do with the city than just YKW

actually the hawks have had a couple games where there were like 20,000 fans there so no your wrong and its just for the falcons, try watching the hawks more than once, and part of it has to do with j smoove, the fans love him, you can expect a lot more fans to be there when the hawks are full strength

actually the hawks have had a couple games where there were like 20,000 fans there so no your wrong and its just for the falcons, try watching the hawks more than once, and part of it has to do with j smoove, the fans love him, you can expect a lot more fans to be there when the hawks are full strength

But it was awesome to see the Hawks playoff games soldout.