Any word on Foster

Tandy

I also thought Wed. midnight was the deadline on making a decision on R. Foster. He's still on the PUP list, so maybe he's not an option after all. Maybe the decision has been made - ??

No, he'd have to be moved to injured reserve or activated, so that just means nothing's been updated on the list yet.

No, he'd have to be moved to injured reserve or activated, so that just means nothing's been updated on the list yet.

Are you sure? Cause Trey Lewis is still on the PUP, too, and I thought they made their decision with him a few weeks ago.

Posted by J. Michael Moore, Nov 17 2008, 04:28 PM in injury In his Monday press conference Head Coach Mike Smith said a decision to move tackle Renardo Foster to the active roster or injured reserve must, by rule, come between now and Wednesday.

Foster started the season on the reserve, physically unable to perform list. He came off the list a few weeks ago and, by team rule, the team gets 21 days to evaluate him in practice.

Foster, 6' 7", 340 pounds, played in seven games at left tackle last season before tearing a knee ligament.

Defensive tackle Trey Lewis remains on the physically unable to perform list after off-season knee surgery. He remains unable to practice and will remain on the "PUP" list for the remainder of the 2008 season.

I could be wrong.

I was wrong once.

But is wasn't my fault.

Are you sure? Cause Trey Lewis is still on the PUP, too, and I thought they made their decision with him a few weeks ago.

I could be wrong.

I was wrong once.

But is wasn't my fault.

Yeah, they have to be moved to IR or activated. Or at least - the deal is they can't be activated if they aren't now.

OK... Here's the deal. I'm still waiting on something official on Foster and don't want to get ahead of anything. As I understand it, he must be moved to IR or activated but there's also a way he can stay on the PUP (reserve list) for the remainder of the year. Lewis never practiced so he stays on PUP for the year (basically injured reserve). I'll let everyone know something as soon as I hear, likely through the blog. Thanks for your patience! Guys that are on these reserve list don't get talked about too much during the year since the focus is on the active 53 but, AF.com wants to give you the whole story so we'll keep working hard!

OK... Here's the deal. I'm still waiting on something official on Foster and don't want to get ahead of anything. As I understand it, he must be moved to IR or activated but there's also a way he can stay on the PUP (reserve list) for the remainder of the year. Lewis never practiced so he stays on PUP for the year (basically injured reserve). I'll let everyone know something as soon as I hear, likely through the blog. Thanks for your patience! Guys that are on these reserve list don't get talked about too much during the year since the focus is on the active 53 but, AF.com wants to give you the whole story so we'll keep working hard!

Thanks!

Coach Smith said after practice that Foster will remain on the "reserve" PUP list. It's basically IR. Tough for Foster who was looking to get back on the field after injury.

Thanks, not the anwser I was looking for but thanks anyway. At least we should have him next year at full strength. I really like the guy and think he can be pretty good. It sucks when a guy gets that type of injury that late in a season. It kills him for the next season too. Let's all hope that we stay clear of major injuries for the remainder of this season.

Would there be any advantage or disadvantage to keeping them on PUP vs. moving them to IR? After all, they can't be activated again during the year after this week if they stay on the PUP? Anyone know?

I think it could have something to do with how much the guy gets paid or something like that.

Coach Smith said after practice that Foster will remain on the "reserve" PUP list. It's basically IR. Tough for Foster who was looking to get back on the field after injury.

Dang that sucks. :(

Thanks J Michael. Not what we were looking for back here in Kansas, but it helps to know. Hope both are aable to come back healthy for next year; you know Bigger, Stronger, Faster...