Why do we care what opposing fans think?

ThunderCookie

I had an interesting conversation with a Broncos fan this morning, and it got me to thinking. As a side note, the person had not identified themselves as a Bronco fan until after the game.

As they prattled on, I just had to smile. They failed to make a single valid point, but I saw no need to correct them. Of course, I think he got quite upset when I laughed at him. I guess there is a thin line between polite and patronizing. So he went away mad without me saying one cross word.

It made me question why people care so much about what opposing fans think. While it is fun to poke rivals with the preverbial stick, why do so many take it personally? Why do fans seek validation from those who don't like your team to begin with? (Of course, we have a rare group in RC that actually discuss football.)

We complain about the media picking against us, but they don't effect the score. We worry about rivals "dissing" our favorite players, but it has no effect on his play. It does however give us plenty of creative ways to say *********. Friends become enemies over who is a better a coach, but that doesn't keep Mularkey from calling three straight pass plays to start a game when we had a chance to defer... I am getting carried away.

Maybe last year changed the way I look at my team. The wins are sweeter, and the losses are less bitter. And even though I know Panther fans will be merciless this Sunday, I can't wait to go out and watch the next step in the process.

Hold on, So after the Broncos won you sent a Broncos fan away unhappy?

Thats crazy, there is nothing a single Vikings fan could possibly say to me to make me mad. All I would keep on saying is 19-13... over and over again. :)

Works every time.

sounds like the same thing i would do. my brother is a die-hard laker fan and im a celtic fan and to this day whenever he tries to talk **** about last year's finals all i say is "131-92".

Hold on, So after the Broncos won you sent a Broncos fan away unhappy?

Thats crazy, there is nothing a single Vikings fan could possibly say to me to make me mad. All I would keep on saying is 19-13... over and over again. :)

Works every time.

I actually didn't say a word. Just smiled and laughed.

i really don't think any opposing fans care what the other says.

because we're all humans, 85% of the time falcons fans will disagree with saints fans. a couple of yall call me names and such thinking yall are geniuses, but in reality if yall went to a rivals board it would be others calling you stupid and idiotic.

it's really simple, each teams fans will make up fans just to make themselves feel good. yall have seen it from me, and i have seen it from yall.

i really don't think any opposing fans care what the other says.

because we're all humans, 85% of the time falcons fans will disagree with saints fans. a couple of yall call me names and such thinking yall are geniuses, but in reality if yall went to a rivals board it would be others calling you stupid and idiotic.

it's really simple, each teams fans will make up fans just to make themselves feel good. yall have seen it from me, and i have seen it from yall.

Have you looked in a mirror lately? :rolleyes:

Its not my job to explain your own quotes to you as they apply to yourself!
yall have seen it from me, and i have seen it from yall.
Have you looked in a mirror lately?

WFL is more delusional than usual this week. Did the Broncos game finally break him? Or was it the Redskins game that sent him over the edge? Stay tuned, RC faithful!