Brian Billick on Matt Ryan

EddieK

Talked about the matchup with the Panthers this weekend and also was asked about rookies hitting that so-called "rookie wall." He stated that could very well happen to a a lot of rookies, but if anyone might not even notice it, it'd be Matt Ryan. He then said, "He's as impressive of a young QB as I have -ever- seen." Say what you will about Billick, but he is known as a great offensive football mind.

I like Billick. Sure, he can be a pompass, arrogant, self-absorbed S.O.B. at times, but the guy is intelligent, articulate and he knows the Xs and Os of football. So, when he makes comments like that about "The Kid" (as I call Ryan), I take it as a positive. ;)

Kind of like yourself. But I will have to agree, Billick knows his stuff.

Billick was overrated as an Offensive genius....he had great talent in Minnesota with Denny Green's concepts. He couldn't muster anything out of Baltimore's offense the years he was there. He being on ESPN and not on the sideline tells me everything. Remember, he said the same exact thing about Elvis Grbac, so I take what he says with a boatload of salt.

He being on ESPN and not on the sideline tells me everything.

Cowher works as a studio analyst this season. Does this mean that he sucks at coaching? No - it means that he just wanted a break from the grind. There's a fair chance that he'll be the highest paid coach in NFL history starting next season.

In a league where Andy Reid is still employed and Tom Cable is a head coach, I have to believe that Billick could have gotten a job somewhere if he had wanted to...

Billick was overrated as an Offensive genius....he had great talent in Minnesota with Denny Green's concepts. He couldn't muster anything out of Baltimore's offense the years he was there. He being on ESPN and not on the sideline tells me everything. Remember, he said the same exact thing about Elvis Grbac, so I take what he says with a boatload of salt.

Denny Green did not create that offense, it was Billick's offensive design. And btw, that offense once had the record for most points scored in a season, only being beat by last years' Pats. And he didn't say that about Grbac, he said that he was very accurate as a QB, far different. And he took a dump of a franchise in Baltimore to a Super Bowl title while having the leading rushing team in the league for a couple of years. To call him overrated is completely unfounded and it really makes you look foolish.

Cowher works as a studio analyst this season. Does this mean that he sucks at coaching? No - it means that he just wanted a break from the grind. There's a fair chance that he'll be the highest paid coach in NFL history starting next season.

In a league where Andy Reid is still employed and Tom Cable is a head coach, I have to believe that Billick could have gotten a job somewhere if he had wanted to...

Which one resigned? Cowher

Which one was fired? Billick

Owned!!!!

Denny Green did not create that offense, it was Billick's offensive design. And btw, that offense once had the record for most points scored in a season, only being beat by last years' Pats. And he didn't say that about Grbac, he said that he was very accurate as a QB, far different. And he took a dump of a franchise in Baltimore to a Super Bowl title while having the leading rushing team in the league for a couple of years. To call him overrated is completely unfounded and it really makes you look foolish.

I'm sure you were in the meeting rooms with the Vikings back then, so you have inside info? Do you actually think Denny Green would let that fool run his offense without guidance? Denny Green is a far more brilliant mind than Bilick could ever be.......

You need to go back and watch the Ravens season camp and dig up some old footage from when and why they got Elvis (he was going to be the missing piece).....Ryan doesn't do anything different than Grbac did in San Fran that year - he's a system QB....knows where to go with the football and manages the game.

Baltimore was a dump of a franchise? You don't just make that defense overnight...the pieces were there, but they didn't sniff jack once he had time to destroy it though.

So now you just contradicted yourself, if he was such a genious, he should have been able to just lift and drop his concept into Baltimore and regardless of who's at the throttle, it should work - right? LOL...Now who's looking foolish.........

Ryan doesn't do anything different than Grbac did in San Fran that year - he's a system QB....knows where to go with the football and manages the game.

With that above statement it's clear what your agenda is. If you're gonna be a troll, at least be decent at it.

I like Billick. Sure, he can be a pompass, arrogant, self-absorbed S.O.B. at times, but the guy is intelligent, articulate and he knows the Xs and Os of football. So, when he makes comments like that about "The Kid" (as I call Ryan), I take it as a positive. ;)

absolutely, like Smitty, bro-in-law Billick has a beautiful football mind.

BB, I am totally in awe of the Coaching Staff we have in place.

We have had some decent Coaches but never an entire staff like this.

Boudreau and Robiskie are tops with me.

absolutely, like Smitty, bro-in-law Billick has a beautiful football mind.

BB, I am totally in awe of the Coaching Staff we have in place.

We have had some decent Coaches but never an entire staff like this.

Boudreau and Robiskie are tops with me.

You've got that right just look at the production that's come out of their players.. a few seasons ago that would have been unthinkable.

Why is that? You think we'll lose Mularkey?

I think it depends on what happens the rest of the year. If we finish strong you know that teams are going to come and cherry pick off of our staff. It happens every year, and Mularkey has had that taste of being an NFL head coach already......

I think it depends on what happens the rest of the year. If we finish strong you know that teams are going to come and cherry pick off of our staff. It happens every year, and Mularkey has had that taste of being an NFL head coach already......

But, you know, some guys just flourish as coordinators and can't seem to make it as a HC. Mularkey was not successful in BUF (now look at Juron). There is a big list, including guys like Kevin Gilbride, Dan Henning, Art Shell, Joe Bugel, etc, etc. Some guys are fine football coaches, but seem to just make their living as assistants. Unless Mularkey was to get a HC offer, I'm not sure he would take a lateral move. If this team continues to improve and win, I think MM stays put.

Just take a guess at who it is that's making those posts.. I believe IT used to call Matt, Matilda.. pretty lousy troll if you ask me. :lol:

Actually, you got it, so it would make me pretty good......Brian Billick - he should have been fired years ago. Baltimore should have won more SBs. That guy ran that team in the ground.

Get off the Meth.....