ESPN-Supporting the case for Roddy White

michaelgee

Supporting the case for Roddy White

November 19, 2008 3:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

Just got an e-mail from ESPN Stats & Analysis that adds some credence to selecting Atlanta's Roddy White and Michael Jenkins as the best receiving tandem in the NFC South.

White is at the top of the league when it comes to a crucial receiving category. On third downs where the offense needs seven or more yards, White has come through with more catches than any receiver in the league this season with 12. (We're not going to get into Sunday's fourth-quarter non-catch against Denver right now because that's been addressed already). Baltimore's Derrick Mason and Pittsburgh's Hines Ward have 10 each, and Cincinnati's T.J. Houshmandzadeh has nine.

Supporting the case for Roddy White

November 19, 2008 3:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

Just got an e-mail from ESPN Stats & Analysis that adds some credence to selecting Atlanta's Roddy White and Michael Jenkins as the best receiving tandem in the NFC South.

White is at the top of the league when it comes to a crucial receiving category. On third downs where the offense needs seven or more yards, White has come through with more catches than any receiver in the league this season with 12. (We're not going to get into Sunday's fourth-quarter non-catch against Denver right now because that's been addressed already). Baltimore's Derrick Mason and Pittsburgh's Hines Ward have 10 each, and Cincinnati's T.J. Houshmandzadeh has nine.

this is great....remember how before they were both total busts?...lol....priceless...great post bro

I agree. They really are coming together as a great tandem and you can tell that Jenkins is really gaining confidence. He's been showing a lot of emotion the last 2 weeks after his catch to the 2 two games ago and his 3rd down reception last week. I love it.

good observation. his passion is really coming alive... i love the receivers we have...

what are you talking about. Mike Jenkins is a bust. didnt turn out that great.so...yea..i would not consider him great. Robinson is way better than jenkins.

That guy better start getting on the field before he loses his spot on the team. We seem to be able to win without him and he's done nothing this season. There is actually nothing to base this statement on. How is he better than Jenkins? He's not even better than Douglass right now. Potential don't mean squat unless you live up to it....he's running out of time. ****, Finn is making it hard for him too.

That guy better start getting on the field before he loses his spot on the team. We seem to be able to win without him and he's done nothing this season. There is actually nothing to base this statement on. How is he better than Jenkins? He's not even better than Douglass right now. Potential don't mean squat unless you live up to it....he's running out of time. ****, Finn is making it hard for him too.

okay..i see what your saying. so the same goes for jenkins. im not bashing on him its just that the guy is no first round talent. In no do i think jenkins was worth the pick. just my opinion. but i hope im wrong because so far guy is making plays.

okay..i see what your saying. so the same goes for jenkins. im not bashing on him its just that the guy is no first round talent. In no do i think jenkins was worth the pick. just my opinion. but i hope im wrong because so far guy is making plays.

I definitely don't think he's a 1st round talent but we have to let that go. He is a decent # 2 now that he's gaining confidence and consistency. If and when Robinson can get and stay healthy, I think he will evetually become the #2. That would make Jenkins even better as a #3. Then Douglas would be the best #4 reciever in the league. Then Finn comes in for those rare 5 reciever sets. I'm getting carried away here but it could be extremely potent.

Robinson can't even get on the field even though I think if he can stay healthy, he could be bette. That being said, Jenkins is really starting to come into his own. I don't think he should have been a 1st round pick but he is a solid 2nd or 3rd rounder.

He wouldn't had made it to the mid of the 2nd round much less the third. Remember we picked him with a late 1st rounder which is basically the same as a 2nd round pick.

I definitely don't think he's a 1st round talent but we have to let that go. He is a decent # 2 now that he's gaining confidence and consistency. If and when Robinson can get and stay healthy, I think he will evetually become the #2. That would make Jenkins even better as a #3. Then Douglas would be the best #4 reciever in the league. Then Finn comes in for those rare 5 reciever sets. I'm getting carried away here but it could be extremely potent.

Finn just catches 1st downs on 3rd down. That's what I love about him.

WE CAN'T HOLD JENKINS DRAFT STATUS AGAINST HIM! :angry:

agreed once your in the NFL its a level playing field it doesnt matter whether you are a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder you are still just going for the same starting job. how can you blame him for going that high if he wasnt worth it (which he still may be now hes got a good QB) then its the people who drafted hims fault surely not his.

atm it seems him being not worth a first round pick is all people can say against him

agreed once your in the NFL its a level playing field it doesnt matter whether you are a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder you are still just going for the same starting job. how can you blame him for going that high if he wasnt worth it (which he still may be now hes got a good QB) then its the people who drafted hims fault surely not his.

atm it seems him being not worth a first round pick is all people can say against him

Exactly. But it's better than hearing about dropped passes and him turning completions into interceptions.

Robinson has serious talent. From his Arizona game last year to the Tampa loss this year, he is golden. Robinson seems to always be able to get the ball in his hands, no matter how much of a circus catch he has to make. He has blazing speed and doesn't drop passes, he just seems to be more frail than a 90 year old woman...