Inside the NFL

Ghost Rider

This could have something to do with our run game slowing down. We might be getting too cocky. I would expect this from one of the young guys but not a 10 yr vet and a leader. McClure was mic'ed up and while we were huddling up before the 28 yd TD run by Turner, McClure turns around and tells the defense that we're running the ball, come and stop it. Now we ran the ball for a long TD on that play. He just turned around and told them what we were going to do. Now if we were running it down their throats all day it would be one thing but our running game was struggling. Now that's the only play Inside the NFL put his voice to but if he did it that play, what's to say he hasn't done it other plays as well. That's cocky and we were not running the ball that well with the exception of a few plays. I don't get it. At least we ran that play for a TD. I just know that if he did it that time that he's probably done it before. I hope Mike Smith found out he did that, or maybe the Matt Ryan steps up and says something. There's no way that everyone in that huddle didn't hear him turn around and say that. I wouldn't be so upset if we hadn't been struggling to run of late.

I saw that too...I dont think its affecting our run game though...

I hope not. It probably isn't but if you tell the team you are running it, come stop us. Then the entire defense doesn't have to guess or read anything. They just attack. I could understand the cockiness if we were running over them like we did Detroit but we weren't. We were struggling. He did bust out that play but still, how many tmes has he done that and Turner get's stuck at or behind the line? I think that's a good question.

This could have something to do with our run game slowing down. We might be getting too cocky. I would expect this from one of the young guys but not a 10 yr vet and a leader. McClure was mic'ed up and while we were huddling up before the 28 yd TD run by Turner, McClure turns around and tells the defense that we're running the ball, come and stop it. Now we ran the ball for a long TD on that play. He just turned around and told them what we were going to do. Now if we were running it down their throats all day it would be one thing but our running game was struggling. Now that's the only play Inside the NFL put his voice to but if he did it that play, what's to say he hasn't done it other plays as well. That's cocky and we were not running the ball that well with the exception of a few plays. I don't get it. At least we ran that play for a TD. I just know that if he did it that time that he's probably done it before. I hope Mike Smith found out he did that, or maybe the Matt Ryan steps up and says something. There's no way that everyone in that huddle didn't hear him turn around and say that. I wouldn't be so upset if we hadn't been struggling to run of late.

:lol::huh: I am pretty sure he doesn't do that every play and that is not the reason for the lack of success in the run game.

:lol::huh: I am pretty sure he doesn't do that every play and that is not the reason for the lack of success in the run game.

I don't think it's the total reason either and I doubt he does it every play. I also doubt that was the only time he's done it. Imagine your a defender. You have to read the play to see if it's a run or pass. hen the dude tells you that they are coming right at you. All of a sudden you don't have to worry about anyone coming out of the backfield. You just have to fill you gaps. Safties come up to help because they don't have to worry about anything else. Like I said it would be one thing if we ran for like 300 on them and they couldn't stop us like Detroit but we didn't. Turner was getting stuffed one play after another. He had 2 or 3 good runs the entire game.

I think our running game against Denver was effective especially considering that Norwood wasn't involved as he normally is. It kept the Broncos honest.

I wonder if he really did say it and we score on that play because NFL Films is very good with taking clips and audio from other parts of the game and mixing them into the picture they're trying to paint.

I think our running game against Denver was effective especially considering that Norwood wasn't involved as he normally is. It kept the Broncos honest.

I wonder if he really did say it and we score on that play because NFL Films is very good with taking clips and audio from other parts of the game and mixing them into the picture they're trying to paint.

No, this one he turned all the way around and was pointing his fingures at them while he was saying it. You could tell. I would have no problem with it at all if it was only one play (could be but I doubt it) or we were killing them in the run game and they couldn't stop us. I just think with how well their defense was playing, you wouldn't want to tip off to the defense what your running. This is the NFL not high school or even college.

I liked it. Now I'll agree with you that in that game it probably wasn't the most appropriate thing to do since we weren't dominating them in the run game but I like that our Oline is playing with some attitude. The fact that the play went for a touchdown makes it even sweeter.

I feel you on that. I like the attitude too but just not when your struggling to run and you tip off what your running on the play. I would have loved it if we were running all over them and he did it because they couldn't stop us anyway. Just at the time we just lost the lead and were trying to score. We duid score on that play which is awesome but just by chance. It's not like he knew Turner was going to bustone. Heck, McClure hadn't even opened up a hole all day. Even on that play, it was Clabo's block that sealed the defense inside for Turner to bust it off tackle.

I liked it. Now I'll agree with you that in that game it probably wasn't the most appropriate thing to do since we weren't dominating them in the run game but I like that our Oline is playing with some attitude. The fact that the play went for a touchdown makes it even sweeter.

Heck, if it works I say do it again....... :wacko:

Whatever they gotta do to get it done I'm for it. You said they popped one off for a TD on that play right? Maybe he didnt tell them enough lol. Tons of things get said on the football field.......who am I to shat on what they are doing......they are out there at war and im at home yelling at the tv.

Heck, if it works I say do it again....... :wacko:

That's the problem, he probably has and the next thing you know 3 or 4 guys are in the backfield at the snap of the ball. Maybe he should tell them that when we are about to pass the ball to draw up the safties. That might work but probably only once. I doubt he's only done that once. He probably didn't just decide to do it on that play.

That's the problem, he probably has and the next thing you know 3 or 4 guys are in the backfield at the snap of the ball. Maybe he should tell them that when we are about to pass the ball to draw up the safties. That might work but probably only once. I doubt he's only done that once. He probably didn't just decide to do it on that play.

I highly doubt he's saying that over and over again. Who knows what led up to that anyway. Besides it happens at every position in almost every sport. You notice it more in sports like basketball though.

I feel you on that. I like the attitude too but just not when your struggling to run and you tip off what your running on the play. I would have loved it if we were running all over them and he did it because they couldn't stop us anyway. Just at the time we just lost the lead and were trying to score. We duid score on that play which is awesome but just by chance. It's not like he knew Turner was going to bustone. Heck, McClure hadn't even opened up a hole all day. Even on that play, it was Clabo's block that sealed the defense inside for Turner to bust it off tackle.

Being that he's 10 years or so in the league, I'll bet he was just trying to get himself jacked and shut some of the trash talk down from the broncos D. He might have been trying to fire up the rest of the line too. Nothin' wrong with a little swag.

Its called playing mind games.

I used to do the same to the opossing teams WR.

I dont think its a problem.

I played corner too and was and still am a big trash talker. It's a little different when your out there one on one than when you tell a defense, don't worry about the pass because we're about to run it down your throat. Now saying that, if we have been running it down their throat all day then, yea, tell them that crap and then pop them in the mouth and do it. That's not what was going on out there. They were stufifing our run game all day. I understand the getting into your opponents mind like what your saying but what he did was different under the curcumstances.

I highly doubt he's saying that over and over again. Who knows what led up to that anyway. Besides it happens at every position in almost every sport. You notice it more in sports like basketball though.

I watch basketball and it's different. You can say I'm about to take this and cram it down your throat then actually do it. But it's more about the individual taking someone to the hoop or popping one in someones face as far as trash talking and telling them what your about to do. I love trash talking. As long as you can back it up. Football is the ultimate team sport. There's a lot of one on one battles that you talk ish about what your about to do to them but it is still different than telling them whether your going to run or pass. Defensive players, at least the great ones, study very hard to read what players do to tip off what your about to do and your just going to tell them. It totally give the advantage to the defense. And I doubt he's doing it over and over again but even a couple times is too much. Maybe that's why we struggle on short yardage and goaline plays. He gets cocky in there and says we're about to knock your a$$ off the ball and run it through you. At least that's probably how I would say it. I love trash talking too but there's just a way to do it that doesn't hurt the team. He ran a TD on that one play but he got stuffed a lot more than that. Just a good block to seal the inside by Clabo.

Being that he's 10 years or so in the league, I'll bet he was just trying to get himself jacked and shut some of the trash talk down from the broncos D. He might have been trying to fire up the rest of the line too. Nothin' wrong with a little swag.

I think swagger is important for any player or team but when you tell them they need not worry about the pass because we're running it, then that automatically give the defense the upper hand. It hurts the team. That's not swagger as much as it is cocky and selfish. It's a team sport so you shouldn't give the other team a upperhand over your own.

McClure is the first lineman that needs to be replaced.

I think his experience and knowledge has help our young line but he does need to be replaced in the next year or so. He doesn't move anyone in the running game. And he has the odasity(probably spelled wrong) to tell the defense that we are running the ball. Good grief, block somebody first please. Then talk trash. Don't talk trash when you've been getting man handled all day. That's all I'm saying. You have to be able to back it up. What he did was no different than what D-Hall does. He would tell someone like Chad Johson that he was going to cover him like a blanket then get burned all day. Ridiculaous.

I hope not. It probably isn't but if you tell the team you are running it, come stop us. Then the entire defense doesn't have to guess or read anything. They just attack. I could understand the cockiness if we were running over them like we did Detroit but we weren't. We were struggling. He did bust out that play but still, how many tmes has he done that and Turner get's stuck at or behind the line? I think that's a good question.

He could say that then we do a play action...

I hope Carolina's defense has you're way of thinking. We can line up and have all our linemen say we are running it right up the gut, then burn them deep on the play-action. I can imagine it now...

John Fox: WTF were you doing, you abandoned all of your assignments on that play and it cost us a TD?!?!

Carolina D: But, but, but they said they were running the ball, why wouldn't we believe them.

Just because your opponent says something, doesn't mean it's true. For all we know, McClure could have been saying that every time we passed the ball, and by that point they just started playing the pass, which led to a TD.