The Profound Wisdom of Matt Ryan

lee sunset

Quarterback Matt Ryan is not used to facing the same team in a season as the Falcons are getting ready for division foe Carolina. The two teams meet in Week 4.

“I had the opportunity to do it once in college,” Ryan said. “We played Virginia Tech my senior year during the regular season and in the ACC championship game. It was my first experience doing that. It’s a different experience. They are going to know you and you’re going to know them.”

Seriously... Matt Ryan is being criticized over things he has said?

Mike Vick- "I've got two weapons, my arm, my legs, and my brain."

Randy Moss- "Yeah mang, all I do is catch balls, all I do is catch balls."

correction Vick said BRAINS, (brains- plural/like more than one) if he has more than one brain then he didn't use either off his brains.

Seriously... Matt Ryan is being criticized over things he has said?

Mike Vick- "I've got two weapons, my arm, my legs, and my brain."

Randy Moss- "Yeah mang, all I do is catch balls, all I do is catch balls."

whats 10 grand... to me? "hey randy how are you gonna pay?" straight cash homie! :lol: god i love randy moss. hes awesome.

i forgot about that vick quote, man im glad i dont have to defend him with that kind of sh*t floating around. :lol:

how about john madden: "mike vick is a triple threat, he can run AND pass". thats from the madden games. :lol:

we could make this into a HOF thread with other funny quotes if we wanted... :P

Following a trip to Greece, Shaquille O'Neal was asked whether he had visited the Parthenon. "I can't really remember," Shaq replied, "the names of the clubs that we went to.

The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.

- Charles Barkley

You don’t play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball.

- Bobby Knight

When it’s played the way is spozed to be played, basketball happens in the air; flying, floating, elevated above the floor, levitating the way oppressed peoples of this earth imagine themselves in their dreams.

- John Edgar Wideman

This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn’t have spectators.

- **** Vertleib

"Some things you just can't question. Like you can't question why two plus two is four. So don't question it, don't try to look it up. I don't know who made it, all I know is it was put in my head that two plus two is four. So certain things happen. Why does it rain? Why am I so sexy? I don't know." - Shaquille O'Neal

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." - Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice.

"I knew I was dog meat. Luckily, I'm the high-priced dog meat that everybody wants. I'm the good-quality dog meat. I'm the Alpo of the NBA." - Shaquille O'Neal

"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." - Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record in 1992

"We're shooting 100 percent - 60 percent from the field and 40 percent from the free-throw line." - Norm Stewart

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”

Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." - Charles Shackleford

"Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." - Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, on what he told a player who received four F's and one D

"They shot the ball well early. What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning." - Shaquille O'Neal

Former New Orleans Saints RB George Rogers

“I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first”

Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."

and also this...

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

**** Butkus, Former Chicago Bears Linebacker

"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was important -- like a league game."

Bob Hoying, Ohio State Buckeyes Quarterback

"I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors."

Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.

Dave Barry

OK.... so if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the "Jags" and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the "Bucs," what does that make the Tennessee Titans?

I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.

Johnny Giles

He had a God-given killer instinct.

Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders talking about George Blanda

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

Terry Bradshaw

theres a few. :P

-Mr. Offseason

The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.

- Charles Barkley

You don’t play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball.

- Bobby Knight

When it’s played the way is spozed to be played, basketball happens in the air; flying, floating, elevated above the floor, levitating the way oppressed peoples of this earth imagine themselves in their dreams.

- John Edgar Wideman

This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn’t have spectators.

- **** Vertleib

"Some things you just can't question. Like you can't question why two plus two is four. So don't question it, don't try to look it up. I don't know who made it, all I know is it was put in my head that two plus two is four. So certain things happen. Why does it rain? Why am I so sexy? I don't know." - Shaquille O'Neal

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." - Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice.

"I knew I was dog meat. Luckily, I'm the high-priced dog meat that everybody wants. I'm the good-quality dog meat. I'm the Alpo of the NBA." - Shaquille O'Neal

"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." - Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record in 1992

"We're shooting 100 percent - 60 percent from the field and 40 percent from the free-throw line." - Norm Stewart

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”

Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." - Charles Shackleford

"Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject." - Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, on what he told a player who received four F's and one D

"They shot the ball well early. What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning." - Shaquille O'Neal

Former New Orleans Saints RB George Rogers

“I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first”

Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."

and also this...

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was important -- like a league game."

Bob Hoying, Ohio State Buckeyes Quarterback

"I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors."

Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.

Dave Barry

OK.... so if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the "Jags" and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the "Bucs," what does that make the Tennessee Titans?

I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.

Johnny Giles

He had a God-given killer instinct.

Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders talking about George Blanda

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

Terry Bradshaw

theres a few. :P

-Mr. Offseason

LMAO. those are hilarious. the one in bold is my favorite. :lol:

Quarterback Matt Ryan is not used to facing the same team in a season as the Falcons are getting ready for division foe Carolina. The two teams meet in Week 4.

“I had the opportunity to do it once in college,” Ryan said. “We played Virginia Tech my senior year during the regular season and in the ACC championship game. It was my first experience doing that. It’s a different experience. They are going to know you and you’re going to know them.”

This is a case of a dumb question getting a simple reply. How many college kids/rookies HAVE played the same team twice in a year? (Outside of a handful conferences that have championship games) A dumb question like that deserves a simple answer.

Hahaha thanks for the quotes man, these are golden.

Football interviews are one big cliche. But whatever. I'd rather listen to Matt Ryan's platitudes than Brett Favre's "I'm having fun. It's like playing backyard ball. Fun Fun Fun. Wranglers jeans. Fun." pressers.

lol so true..brett always says that in his interview..matter of fact i dont think i can remember one where he didnt say he was having fun.